Visa is looking for a passionate and driven Account Lead to join our Client Relationship team. This presents an opportunity to craft both the clients and Visa’s business in the New Zealand and South Pacific markets along with your own career aspirations in an exciting area of payments.
As the Client Director, you will be responsible for understanding your client’s strategies, business challenges, opportunities and collaborating with internal partners to bring the best of Visa to help grow your client’s business.
We are looking for individuals who are great communicators, customer centric, results oriented and who thrives in a fast-paced team environment.
What a Client Director does at Visa
Be the “voice of the client” by interpreting the clients business plans and strategic intent and communicating that within Visa
Develops and implements annual Account Plans ensuring targets are met through leading the Visa cross-functional partners to provide the best knowledge, expertise and experience to the client
Management of partnership contract obligations
Ensures the client engagement and experience across the year results in achieving or exceeding client happiness net promoter scores (NPS)
Identifies new business opportunities, revenue generating ideas and utilisation of Visa’s capabilities to grow our business with the client
Lead the delivery of projects which ensure profitable business for Visa and the client
Responsible for the client executive engagement model to establish and maintain positive and constructive relationships with key client contacts at all levels throughout the clients organisation
Facilitate and direct internal Visa support areas in response to specific client requests and ensure the delivery of risk, marketing, product, operations and innovation support
Co-ordinate and present regular business and industry updates to the client delivering thought leadership and global methodologies
Deliver thought leadership around payments, the wider payments ecosystem and trends to educate our clients and present opportunities aligned to their business strategy and customer insights
Lead, monitor and deliver financial performance metrics which contribute to the Country performance.
Why this is important to Visa?
We strive to be the leading payments platform for anyone to issue, accept or enable payments. We believe that our client’s success is our success and our Client Directors are the key people to make this happen.
This role will lead a number of key clients for the New Zealand business and plays a key role in supporting the Sales and Client Management team around performance metrics. The role requires a great teammate who is an excellent collaborator, can play the role of trusted advisor for their client and brings discipline and excellence to customers and internal relationships.
Projects you will be a part of:
This role plays a critical link between the Client and Visa – marrying the clients objectives and strategies with Visa solutions and products to support commercially viable initiatives which drive mutually beneficial outcomes for both businesses.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
What you will need :
• 10+ years of related sales and account management experience in the payments industry or similar experience
• Successful achievement which has had a positive impact on business performance
• Excellent verbal, analytical and written communications skills with the ability to establish effective client relationships with all levels of including executive management
• Demonstrated experience of constructing strategic account plans and successfully completing them with a collaborative mind-set
• Commercial skill handling budgets and forecasts and building financial models
• Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, consistent record of successfully pitching for new business
• Proven track record of excelling with partners / clients/ customers
• Self-starter with exemplary organisation and issue resolution leadership skills
• Significant partner management experience with a demonstrated ability to lead and grow cross functional relationships and connect partners
What will also help :
• Account Management experience within high involvement long term in partnerships, B2B2C, payments or an adjacent vertical industry
• Digital curiosity you stay current with the latest innovation and digital trends
• Understand and or have experience in human centered design, value proposition development and customer experience.
• Champion for your client, have ambitious, thoughtful, and targeted strategic and tactical ideas aligned to the clients strategy and suggest new ways of approaching things
• Pro-active problem solver and driver with an incredible attitude to solving obstacles
• Have a strong service ethic
• Project Management skills to drive, co-ordinate and deliver initiatives
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.