Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
- Performs a variety of activities involving the coding of medical records as a mechanism for indexing medical information which is used for completion of statistics for hospital, regional and government planning and accurate hospital reimbursement
- Codes inpatient and/or outpatient records and identifies diagnoses and procedures daily according to the schedule set within the coding unit
- Accurately assigns ICD-10 and/or CPT-4 codes in accordance with Coding Departmental guidelines maintaining no less than 95% accuracy in choice and sequencing of codes
- Identifies and abstracts records consistently and accurately
- Consistently demonstrates time awareness: strives to meet deadlines; reduces non-essential interruptions to an absolute minimum
- Meets departmental productivity standards for coding and entering inpatient and/or outpatient records
- Participates in coding meetings and education conferences to maintain coding skills and accuracy
- Demonstrates willingness and flexibility in working additional hours or changing hours
- Demonstrates thorough understanding on how position impacts the department and hospital
- Demonstrates a good rapport and works to establish cooperative working relationships with all members of departmental and Hospital staff
- Attend conference calls as necessary to provide information relating to Coding
- Comply with the terms and conditions of the employment contract, company policies and procedures, and any and all directives (such as, but not limited to, transfer and/or re-assignment to different work locations, change in teams and/or work shifts, policies in regards to flexibility of work benefits and/or work environment, alternative work arrangements, and other decisions that may arise due to the changing business environment). The Company may adopt, vary or rescind these policies and directives in its absolute discretion and without any limitation (implied or otherwise) on its ability to do so
- Certified Fresher or Experience in medical coding or with any other previous experience.
- Certified coder through AAPC or AHIMA.
- Certifications accepted include CPC, CCS, CIC and COC – Anyone
- All the candidates must have current coding certifications and must provide proof of certification with valid certification identification number during interview / Offer process.
- Certification validity date should be minimum 3 months from Date of Joining
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
UnitedHealth Group is a health care and well-being company with a mission to help people live healthier lives and help make the health system work... Read more