Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
About This Opportunity
Flywheel is seeking a talented Platform Engineer to join Flywheel’s busy and growing team. The Clinical Infrastructure team provides devops support to internal development efforts as well as customer facing deployments. We are seeking experienced and talented Devops Engineers who will engage with customers in industry and academia to solve complex scientific and biomedical challenges.
Successful applicants will understand how to integrate scientific web application platforms into both cloud and on premises customer environments. The ideal candidate will have a desire to make positive contributions to the biomedical and life sciences communities we serve and a passion for problem-solving, elevating others around them, and delivering quality results on-time. This position is supervised by the Director of Clinical Infrastructure. There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
Work closely with a growing team of engineers and business stakeholders. The development team operates within a lightweight Agile process and is empowered to alter it as needed to achieve team and company objectives. We're highly responsive to customer needs and constantly strive to make a positive contribution to the biomedical and life sciences communities we serve. Team members are recognized and rewarded when advocating for customer success and satisfaction over other concerns. We value self-motivated, creative individuals who work well in a collaborative environment - constantly generating and sharing new ideas and solutions with the team.
Flywheel has a comprehensive benefits package and encourages a balanced work life and home life.Responsibilities
- Directly engage with customers to ensure successful deployment and support of the Flywheel solution
- Partner closely with developers, product, and customer support teams to design, deliver and manage the Flywheel infrastructure to support a growing customer base across multiple regions and public clouds
- Drive and improve the whole lifecycle of operational readiness – from inception through deployment, operation, and refinement
- Develop and maintain our automated CI/CD release and deployment pipeline which supports next-generation application development and ongoing production operations
- Advise on best practices throughout the full software development lifecycle, working with teams to ensure designs are scalable, maintainable, and supportable
- Write accurate, reliable, consistent documentation in order to execute repeatable actions with an eye to convert to automation
- Debug production deployment or service issues
- Advise on the design and development of automation frameworks and testing processes in cooperation with the QA team
- Collaborate daily across a geographically dispersed development team
- Assist with system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments
- Provide peer coaching and team training as required.
- 2 years experience with production application deployments in one or more public clouds such as MS Azure, AWS and GCP
- Hands-on experience orchestrating container workloads with Kubernetes and Helm
- 1 year experience with databases like Postgresql, Elasticsearch or related
- Infrastructure as code tools such as Ansible and Terraform would be preferred
- CI/CD experience with tools like Jenkins or Gitlab
- Familiarity with metrics and alerting gathering tools like Zabbix, Cloudwatch would be preferred
- Software development skills in Python, Shell or related
- Familiarity with application servers (Tomcat) would be preferred
- Familiarity with XNAT platform or other medical informatics platforms would be preferred
- Feel passionate about helping developers by providing a stable and performant platform for code deployment
- Think in systems — edge cases, failure modes, behaviors, specific implementations
- Thrive in a collaborative and dynamic environment
- Have a habit of documentation to share your knowledge and learn from past mistakes
- Driven by curiosity and creative problem solving. When you see something broken, you can’t help but fix it
- Have an urge for delivering to deadlines and iterating fast
- Keep customers top-of-mind
- Maintain proactive and positive relationships with customers and across the Flywheel organization.
Do you feel like you don't have everything that's listed above? If you have some of the skills and experience that we’re looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply!
Flywheel is the leading research data platform that's transforming the way biomedical and imaging data are managed at leading life sciences, clinical, and academic institutions globally.
Flywheel provides a comprehensive research data solution with all the tools needed for curation, imaging processing, machine learning workflows, and secure collaboration. By leveraging cloud scalability and automating research workflows, Flywheel helps organizations scale research data and analysis, improve scientific collaboration, and accelerate discoveries.
GO STEADY WITH LEVITY
The alchemy of effective teamwork happens when we each take ownership of both the menial and the magical every day. We’re serious, but never stuffy. We keep our cool under pressure because we assume best intentions and maintain perspective. This allows for true teamwork, with a dash of irreverence.
WORK BETTER TOGETHER
We are tenacious and united in our pursuit of solving our customers’ biggest challenges, and no challenge is too big. Diverse backgrounds across our team make us more effective as we listen, absorb, collaborate, and iterate to innovate.
FIGURE IT OUT
We’re obsessed with uncovering the why of any given. Having an open mind allows us to be quick to fail and quick to adapt. We relentlessly pursue continual improvement through learning and imagining new possibilities.
GIVE A SHIT
We’re fueled by grit, boundless energy, and a deep belief that we are doing cool shit. We don’t hesitate to stand up and speak out because we trust that through tough, honest discourse we can drive change and make a real difference for our customers and our mission.
About the Company
Minneapolis, MN, United States
Flywheel is the leading research data platform that provides all the tools needed for data curation, image processing, machine learning workflows,... Read more