To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
We’re Salesforce, the Customer Company, inspiring the future of business with AI+ Data +CRM. Leading with our core values, we help companies across every industry blaze new trails and connect with customers in a whole new way. And, we empower you to be a Trailblazer, too — driving your performance and career growth, charting new paths, and improving the state of the world. If you believe in business as the greatest platform for change and in companies doing well and doing good – you’ve come to the right place.
Human Resources Compliance (HRC) is a part of Salesforce’s Global Labour & Employment team within Legal. The HRC team supports Salesforce’s #1 value of Trust by protecting the Company and our employees while enabling rapid growth consistent with financial discipline. HRC partners closely with key internal business partners– Employment Legal, Employee Success (HR), Payroll, Privacy, Business Technology, as well as other compliance teams-- to proactively identify and prioritize HR-related risks globally; to help the business design and operationalize mitigation efforts; to enable employees and managers to perform the controls; and to monitor and audit controls.
We are looking to fill this role with an operationally-minded, nimble and solution-oriented HR Compliance Senior Manager (“Sr. Manager”) to help drive compliance in EMEA against a constantly evolving external compliance environment and within a highly innovative and fast-paced company. The Sr. Manager will be our Lead for EMEA and will report to the Vice President HRC based in San Francisco, CA.
While this role will be based in EMEA and primarily focused on that region, the Sr. Manager will need to have a global attitude-- understanding particular country, regional and local differences and requirements, while seeking to drive consistency with global approaches and processes. This role will help strengthen our compliance environment by partnering with teams around the world to help identify compliance obligations and potential gaps, and to design compliant business processes consistent with our focus on a world class employee experience. The Sr. Manager will need to be comfortable continuously flexing in the face of the constantly changing external and internal environment, running with the pace of the business and delivering on multiple simultaneous priorities.
Your Impact (Roles & Responsibilities)
The Sr. Manager will have deep experience in conducting risk assessments, gap analyses, business process design and improvement, project management, monitoring and auditing, coupled with substantial subject matter expertise in EMEA HR-related compliance and/or employment law.
This hire will have a passion for delving into the complexities of compliance requirements, helping distill them into layperson’s terms, and translating them into business process and system requirements. They will drive projects from start to finish, working collaboratively within a small team and with a vast array of business partners across the globe. They will have superior verbal and written communication skills, and will be successful in influencing leaders and aligning with partners on compliance priorities, explaining the key legal and business requirements in compliance remediation projects, in developing clear and concise training and enablement materials, and in reporting on the results of monitoring and auditing existing processes. They will bring rigor, innovation and operational excellence to everything that they do.
To be successful in this role, the Sr. Manager will be highly collaborative and build strong cross-functional relationships. They will have an anticipation and beginner’s attitude, a passion for pulling threads and connecting dots, and an approach of listening carefully and asking questions to understand the why and the how of our current state while collaboratively partnering to architect our future state. The Sr. Manager will be both patient and persistent in driving sophisticated projects over the finish line against a landscape of regularly changing priorities. They will communicate kindly and transparently, always leading with our values. The Sr. Manager will have the flexibility to work across time zones, geographies and topics. They will develop an extensive understanding of our business, always maintaining a laser focus on business impact and employee experience.
Roles and responsibilities will include:
- Serve as the HRC Lead for the EMEA region
- Deeply partner with Employment Legal to obtain, synthesize and operationalize legal requirements
- Deeply partner with Employee Success (HR), Finance, Business Technology and other legal and compliance teams to understand requirements, assess gaps, align on priorities, design end to end controls, enable those impacted, and guide in the documentation of mitigation efforts
- Identify HR--related compliance gaps or conflicts in existing processes and communicate business impact
- Identify emerging HR-related compliance requirements and prioritize them in coordination with the business and legal partners
- Champion Compliance By Design into all new projects, initiatives and systems
- Develop and deliver HR-related compliance communications, training, education and other enablement
- Monitor, audit and test HR-related business processes
- Drive and manage regular HR-related compliance activities including updating and delivering timely and concise HR-related compliance reporting and tracking of global HR-related compliance developments
- Regularly meet with cross-functional colleagues to stay connected on themes, priorities and developments
- Track industry best practices related to key HR processes and new HR-related compliance requirements
- Manage and/or contribute to special projects both ongoing/recurring, as needed
- Benchmark with other industry colleagues and professional organizations to keep abreast of trends in the industry and in compliance processes as well as current best practices/techniques.
- Manage administrative tasks including scheduling meetings, tracking projects other tasks as needed
- In-office attendance 3 days per week
Required Skills/Experience (Basic Qualifications):
- At least eight years of experience in the field of HR compliance, corporate employment law, or HR operations
- Experience tracking progress, results, findings and plans and report progress
- Excellent communication, collaboration, teamwork and interpersonal skills across all levels of the Company, managing through influence
- Experience supporting a global company and a global mindset
- Proven success operating in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly-evolving workplace
- Ability to simultaneously manage complex workloads, multiple client demands, and shifting priorities under tight deadlines
- Proactive and resourceful with strong problem-solving skills
- Sound, reasonable professional judgment and intuition for business
- Ability to see the big picture, while having a keen detail orientation
- Confidence in communicating process recommendations and findings in a diplomatic and effective manner to key partners with a solid understanding of business impact
- Openness to feedback, comfortable with direct, transparent communication
- Embrace Salesforce’s culture and operate with high ethical standards
- Capability to work flexible hours to accommodate global time zones
Additional Skills/Experience (Preferred Qualifications):
- Six to eight years’ experience testing, monitoring and auditing HR-related business processes; collaboratively developing remediation plans; and documenting the same
- Experience with complex HR-related statutory, regulatory, collective, industry and/or professional compliance standards and practices, focused on international markets
- Experience working with high-growth companies and/or companies that operated at scale- 50k-100k+ employees, $50B+ in Revenue
- Cloud, enterprise software or technology industry experience
- Expert in Google Office (e.g. Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Drive) or similar MS Office (e.g. Excel - pivot tables, V-look ups, Word, PowerPoint) and Slack
- Workday experience is a plus
- Expertise in developing end to end process documentation and flowcharts
- Flexibility to travel up to 20% (domestic and international)
- Bilingual or other language proficiency
- HR Certification
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at www.equality.com and explore our company benefits at www.salesforcebenefits.com.
Salesforce is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.
Salesforce welcomes all.