What We’re Looking For:
The SaaS Administrator III role is principal level on this team for candidates with significant demonstrated experience as a senior member of a technical team. You’ll be focused on enabling teams around the business through the use of productivity, collaboration, and automation tools. In this role, you will work in a cloud-first technology environment built on SaaS and PaaS solutions as 2U moves away from an in-house, on-prem technology footprint. In addition to administering SaaS systems and building automations for our customers, you will be partnering with stakeholders to solve business problems with SaaS applications. You should have exemplary problem-solving and critical thinking skills; the ability to work collaboratively or independently; an inexorable drive to improve business processes through critical assessment and automation; outstanding communication skills; and, most of all, a human-centered approach to solutions development.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Act as tech lead on major projects/initiatives that the team drives or contributes to.
- Work with customers to understand business goals and key requirements for high complexity system enhancements, automations, and other requests.
- Own and maintain critical business systems, including Jira, Slack, Confluence, Google Workspace, and Onelogin.
- Build and enhance medium to high complexity business processes using low to no-code automation tools (e.g., Zapier, Tray.io).
- Lead the training and onboarding of new team members, as well as participate in the continuous process improvement of knowledge sharing.
- Proactively recommend architectural changes as needed while supporting new releases to examine the benefits of new features.
- Identify and design enhancements and maintenance of automated processes and applications.
- Train and coach internal customers to self-serve creation of low to medium complexity automations using supported tools and low to medium complexity configuration changes in supported SaaS tools.
- Independently evaluate, prioritize, and track your work to address high value and low lift opportunities.
- Represent SaaSOps in meetings with internal and external stakeholders to ensure best practices are followed for SaaS applications.
- Troubleshoot advanced technical issues and devising immediate fixes and long-term solutions.
- Lead audits and high-complexity analysis of SaaS systems and data.
- Develop and implement functional tests for security configurations and automated processes.
Things That Should Be In Your Background:
- 5-7+ years’ experience administering business critical SaaS Applications in a complex technology environment.
- Expertise as senior administrator or technical owner of systems such as OneLogin, Atlassian Cloud, Google Workspace, Smartsheets, and Slack.
- Experience integrating systems via SAML, SCIM, IPaaS, APIs, and other methods.
- Experience automating processes, including user lifecycle management.
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Strong communication abilities, verbal and written.
- Experience leading discussions with a diverse set of stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education, training, and 5-7+ years experience in a SaaS-based environment.
You will participate in an on-call rotation (with training ramp-up) and occasionally you may be required to work outside of normal business hours to support maintenance to critical systems.
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
2U is comprised of 3 lines of business: Graduate Degree Programs, Short Course, and Boot Camps. Going beyond traditional learning management systems, we use tech, people, and data to help top universities and enterprise organizations transform in the digital era—and eliminate the back row in higher ed. We support lifelong learning which means thinking beyond a single degree. It means finding ways for students to gain the skills they need to change careers, evolve their expertise, and meet the challenges of the changing world head-on. We help our partners fill those needs—developing new digital education technologies and offerings capable of supporting students at different points in their lives. Whether they need a simple refresher, to learn something new, or to change their career trajectories completely, our partners are there to help them succeed. Together with our partners, 2U has positively transformed the lives of more than 275,000 students and lifelong learners.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Benefits & Culture
Working at 2U means working with individuals that are passionate and mission driven. We collaborate on tough problems to deliver the best outcomes for our partners, students, and each other. You will find team members working together in our open office spaces, gathered in the kitchen grabbing a snack, or taking a break in our game rooms.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO
- Additional time off benefits include: volunteer days, parental leave, and a company-wide winter break
In Colorado, the anticipated base salary for this role is $100,000.00 with potential bonus and equity eligibility. Note: The final compensation for this position may consider factors including the geographic location where the work is performed (candidate’s assigned office) and prior work experience of the candidate.
To learn more, visit 2U.com. #NoBackRow
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits and pay.