The Sr. Business Development Manager, Global Digital Partnerships, Big Tech, is responsible for serving as a global account manager, identifying and implementing partnership opportunities for a set of large and complex partnerships in the Big Tech segment. The role requires an experienced sales and business development professional with strong product solutioning background who can identify potential deals, develop the tactics and manage the teams needed to bring them to fruition. The Global Digital Partnerships team works closely with regional Digital Partnerships counterparts managing the partners locally, Visa's Core Product and Digital Solutions teams, as well as other stakeholders such as Legal, Finance, Marketing, etc. to execute partnership agreements and deliverables that are typically highly complex, strategic and cross-functional in nature.
- Support the Strategic Partnerships and Innovation executive team in developing the overall group strategy, specifically for Digital Commerce and related services
- Identify strategic opportunities for Visa capabilities through a strong understanding of the segment and customer's business needs, leveraging Visa solutions across all product platforms
- Continuously review market landscape, identifying developing partnership or acquisition opportunities that will position Visa as the market leader
- Develop and execute customized account strategy, objectives and plans to increase revenue and market share for select strategic partner accounts
- Lead the account and relationship management and sales plan for these accounts, ensuring that the client's business objectives are met
- Work with the innovation team: recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches to grow client's business
- Align the cross-functional teams on key proposals including representation from Legal, Marketing, Product, Operations, Market Research and Technology.
- Lead the development, negotiation and signing of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and relationships with strategic partner executives
- Lead discovery, ideation, and product solutioning with partners in a thoughtful and creative manner
- Work closely with product, innovation, and technology to prepare agendas, presentation materials, and project plans for client engagement and opportunity progression
- Drive opportunity to closure with legal, finance, and product counterparts, oversee product implementation, and maintain product enhancement feedback loop
- Work with cross functional teams to ensure partner implementations are on track and delivering against plan
- Take the lead in solving the problems that arise during the execution of programs with partners
- Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the management, relationship and direction of the business
- Report to and interact with senior management and executives to indicate the status of the partnership progress
- Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization
- Proactively educate the Visa organization on market developments and partner opportunities
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- A minimum of 5 years business experience with related product, sales and management experience in the payments, mobile, software, hardware, or technology services industry
- 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor Degree or at least 5 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- Payments or financial services industry experience preferred
- Proven record of creative product solutioning with complex product sets, driving client ideation and innovation
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing a complex, competitive sales effort and managing deals from negotiation, to closing and through delivery
- Proven record of implementing strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions
- Strategic thinking and thought leadership
- Teamwork, interpersonal & relationship-building skills, and ability to lead by influence and example
- Proven ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple disciplines and organizational groups
- Experience 'managing up', building Executive Level communications and delivering presentations
- Ability to work within a complex and often ambiguous environment, and to influence senior management and other relevant parties
- Executive presence, Strong written and oral communication, including large-group presentations
- Team oriented, collaborative and flexible
- Ability to influence and work within matrixed environment
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
U.S. APPLICANTS ONLY: The estimated salary range for a new hire into this position is 142,300.00 to 185,000.00 USD, which may include potential sales incentive payments (if applicable). Salary may vary depending on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location. In addition, this position may be eligible for bonus and equity. Visa has a comprehensive benefits package for which this position may be eligible that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off, and Wellness Program.