About this role
Are you interested in building innovative technology that shapes the financial markets? Do you like working at the speed of a startup, but want to solve some of the world’s most complex problems? Do you want to work with, and learn from, hands-on leaders in technology and finance?
At BlackRock, we are looking for Software Engineers who like to innovate and solve complex problems. We recognize that strength comes from diversity, and will embrace your unique skills, curiosity, drive, and passion while giving you the opportunity to grow technically and as an individual.
With over USD $7 trillion of assets we have an exceptional responsibility: our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home and improve their financial wellbeing.
Being a developer at BlackRock means you get the best of both worlds: working for one of the most advanced financial companies and also being part of a software development team responsible for next generation technology and solutions.
- Curious and eager to learn new things, with a healthy disrespect for the status quo
- Willing to embrace work outside of your comfort zone, and open to guidance from others; you make mistakes, but learn from them
- Passionate about technology, with personal ownership for the work you do
- Data-focused, with an eye for the details that matter to solve the problem
- Passionate about building quality software and scaling technology to meet the needs of tomorrow
- Building solutions for BlackRock and over 100 organizations who use our technology
- Developing in Java, Python, Cassandra, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, and many others
- Committed to open source, and contributing back to the community
- Writing testable software every day, with a focus on incremental innovation
- Minimum of 3+ years software engineering work experience on large scale software development and deployment experience
- BA/BS in Computer Science from an accredited university (in lieu of degree, 4+ years of relevant work experience)
- Strong programming skills in Java
- Ability and interest to learn other coding languages as needed
- We have multiple opportunities for Associate and Vice President Levels
Want to learn more?
For 30 years, to drive innovation, BlackRock has bought great minds together. From the very beginning technology was leveraged for insight and efficiency to help our businesses better understand their client’s objectives. BlackRock is accelerating innovation and technology to invest even more in our Aladdin platform and looking for people with a passion for technology and a love of solving complex problems to join our teams.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.
Follow BlackRock To Get Updated When They Post New Roles On PowerToFly! Be yourself. Be valued for it. We have a responsibility to help people... Read more