Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Here, you will find a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, talented peers, comprehensive benefits and career development opportunities. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as you help us advance health equity on a global scale. Join us to start Caring. Connecting. Growing together.
As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing strategies, market and customer insights and tactical plans to support new product launches as well as thought leadership content and go-to-market materials for the existing portfolio. These activities will ultimately deliver relevant, meaningful differentiation and spark insight-centered commercial conversations that create brand loyalty and drive sales growth. This position reports to the Director of Product Marketing, Payment Integrity at Optum Insight.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Produce insight-centered, on-message content (slideware, blogs, infographics, videos, case studies, white papers) that elevates our thought leadership position, enables meaningful customer conversations, and supports commercial activities
- Identify points of differentiation for best positioning of services and software solutions
- Support selling and client relationship-building efforts through ongoing and timely communications and delivery of evolving product positioning, updated sales tools, and market/competitive analyses
- Work closely with the product and sales teams to understand buyer needs and pain points and the sales cycle
- Work with marketing team partners to plan and execute demand generation and market awareness campaigns
- Assess competitive intelligence to aid strategic decision making, development of key messaging/ positioning and expand understanding of the evolving market landscape
- Evaluate and help coordinate event and speaking engagement opportunities and work with subject matter experts to develop presentations and collateral to be used at events
- Ability to travel on occasion as needed
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of product marketing experience, which must include:
- Developing key product messaging and positioning
- Managing complex go-to-market projects
- Executing launch plans
- Writing product collateral and content
- Experience managing multiple programs and projects simultaneously
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Demonstrated success in planning, executing, and measuring marketing campaigns in a complicated, matrixed organization
- Proven solid writing and communication skills
- Experience marketing health care technology and services
- Experience marketing to health plan/insurance organizations
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New Jersey, New York, Rhode Island or Washington residents is $85,000 to $167,300 per year. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.