The Business Development Executive, is a true Cloud subject matter expert with an attitude and passion for driving our Solutions & Services propositions into our current account base & prospects, co-owning sales business development, and supporting go to market activities within your assigned region. Working with the aligned country or federation Sales & Services leadership team, the BDE functions in a partnership with the primary Account Manager (AM) and as a result is not limited to traditional “overlay role” restrictions
The BDE is expected to take a consistently proactive approach to growing, landing & expanding the aligned customer journey with current & new logo accounts. The BDE takes the initial subject matter lead in the region for pre-sales (both transactional and professional services) customer engagements and supports account managers with account planning leveraging our customer propensity data & intelligence
The BDE also serves as the liaison between the assigned Account Manager and technical and customers, wears the hat of a presales consultant to drive Azure Cloud opportunities supporting effective & efficient handover into delivery & customer success resources.
- The BDE has the ability to effectively manage full sales lifecycle (from lead qualification to creating the sales strategy, preparing offers and contract negotiations)
- Drives new business, sales activities at a customer level partnering with the field-based Account Manager (AM)
- Working with the Account Managers to ensure the client's overall strategy and goals are being pursued and achieved
- Building relationships with new and existing clients and securing new business in the assigned portfolio items
- You control the entire sales cycle from the first customer approach to the conclusion of a contract for new customers. For existing customers, the sales cycle is initiated by the account manager.
- Maintaining a very detailed level of knowledge of the assigned portfolio items in order to have meaningful and relevant conversations with clients and prospects
- Prepares cost estimates, proposals & appropriate contracts for Azure solutions & services sales
- Lead negotiations, coordinate complex decision-making processes and overcome objection
- Performance and success measured by Services GP performance Works with technical delivery teams to contribute to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed Delivers customer presentations, workshops and is able to handle RFx and TCOs
- Partner with stakeholders and drive solution marketing activities by preparing and delivering content and messaging.
- Provide feedback to account management on ways to shorten the sales cycle, increase sales, and improve company brand and reputation
- You communicate at eye level with the operational level up to the C-level
- You write "CUSTOMER CENTRICITY" in big letters