The MSIM Operations group supports the equity, fixed income, and alternative businesses for Morgan Stanley Investment Management (MSIM), providing middle-office services including portfolio manager support, client services(including client reporting), portfolio transition management, market registration, product data maintenance and performance and attribution analysis. Morgan Stanley Investment management has outsourced certain investment operations functions to State Street Bank and Trust Company globally.
Background on the Team:
As part of the Morgan Stanley Investment Management Operations group, this role in Tokyo Operations is to provide high quality client services to internal/external stakeholders. Oversight of State Street as the outsourcing agent for middle/back-office tasks and liaison with trust banks are equally responsible for the team. The size of the team is 5 staffs.
- Act as a point of contact for internal stakeholders (e.g., sales, portfolio specialists, marketing, risk, legal, compliance, and global teams) and external stakeholders (e.g., trust banks/sub-advisory clients)
- Instruct trade details to trust banks
- Oversight of trade processing, corporate actions, pricing, and reconciliation
- Close liaison with sales (pension, institutional, and intermediary) and clients to manage the expectations
- Ensuring clear communication of timelines and requirements to all parties (trust banks/custodians)
- Support of new mandates, terminations, and transitions among stakeholders
- Review new client's IMA and provides feedback on operational points as needed
- Account setup on all systems for Tokyo managed accounts
- Support SSAE18 and audit related activities
- Provide/implement recommendations for process improvements, including workflow and technology, working proactively with counterparts on a global basis to ensure consistency