Our Scrum Masters are highly visible leaders, building bridges across Visa to ensure projects are effectively developed, integrated and deployed with quality and on time delivery into our production systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will have excellent knowledge of the Scrum framework, with outstanding leadership and team building skills. They should have a strong ability to address and resolve team issues, to ensure the team works on schedule.
- Facilitate daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo, and retrospective meetings.
- Oversee and manage scope, timeline, quality, goals and deliverables that support business goals.
- Monitor schedule and cost performance, identify and coordinate implementation of corrective actions necessary to stay on target.
- Resolve conflicts and remove obstacles that occur during the project lifecycle.
- Help the team to focus on continuous delivery and customer value.
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency.
- Mentor team on agile principles and Scrum practices, helping to create a self-organized team.
- Protect the team from outside interruptions and distractions.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) or similar certification.
- Proven experience as a Scrum Master or in a similar role.
- Experience in agile practices, patterns and techniques.
- Outstanding communication, facilitation, negotiation and coaching skills.
- Knowledge of software development processes and procedures.
- Understanding of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, and task definition.
- Strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, etc.
- Familiarity with software development.
- Knowledge about Agile techniques like: User Stories, Continuous Integration, TDD, Continuous Delivery, Pairing, Automated Testing
- Good prioritization, negotiation and communication skills
- Experience with other Lean/Agile framework and methods, i.e.: Kanban, XP, etc
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Decisive but inclusive decision making in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with light supervision
- Proficient in at least one agile project management tool: Rally, Jira, Version One, etc.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.