Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
Our Data Centers are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates to deliver our innovative services. Meta is seeking an experienced and self-motivated Budget Analyst to join our Facility Operations (FacOps) Business Operational Excellence (BOE) team. The FacOps Business Operational Excellence team designs, implements, and continuously evolves global business programs and processes to support all aspects of the Facility Operations organization. In this role, you will manage fleet-wide cashflows, budgeting, forecasting, Long-Range Planning (LRP), Financial data analysis and reporting exercises. You will, as part of a small team, will support, educate, and facilitate all financial activities with data center specific teams and individuals. To succeed as a Budget Analyst, you should possess a nuanced understanding of financial analysis, budget controls, and financial data analytics at data center, region, and fleet levels. Attention to detail is crucial to identify inaccuracies, errors, and anomalies in financial data, while time management is necessary to meet deadlines. You should be able to communicate financial data, analysis, and insights to different stakeholders and collaborate with cross-functional teams, including FP&A and IDC Strategic Planning & Analytics. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are also essential to analyze large volumes of data, identify trends, and recommend solutions to complex financial problems. Finally, proficiency in financial software such as Microsoft Excel is a must-have for data analysis, financial modeling, and reporting.
Facility Operations Budget Analyst Responsibilities:
Facility Operations Budget Analyst Responsibilities:
- Build and manage cashflows to ensure adequate funding is available for OpEx and CapEx.
- Conduct financial modeling and analysis to identify areas of opportunity and risks to the budget.
- Develop and maintain budget controls to ensure budget compliance.
- Ensure alignment with company policies and procedures.
- Own the budget approval planning and process, ensuring timely submission and review.
- Execute quarterly financial cycles, annual budgets, and 5-year long-range plans.
- Perform budget data analytics at data center, region, and fleet levels to identify trends and provide insights to leadership.
- Prepare and deliver Monthly, Quarterly and Annual reports for stakeholders, cross-functional teams, and leadership.
- Build deep functional relationships with stakeholders, cross functional partners and leadership and provide ad-hoc support.
- Utilize predictive modeling, trend analysis, historical spend analysis, contingency management, and hedging to manage the budget effectively.
- Maintain strong relationships with FP&A, IDC Strategic Planning & Analytics teams to ensure alignment with overall company strategy.
- Ensure timely submission of budgetary exercises to IDC FP&A to support the financial planning process.
- Implement strategic global programs that enable the Facility Operations teams to run and maintain critical data center environments.
- Facilitate budget dialogues with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, construction management or related field.
- 5+ years of accounting, finance, construction management or related business experience.
- Nuanced understanding of finance in terms of Facilities Operations.
- Experience working collaboratively as a team while still being willing to bring a work ethic to proactively solve problems as an individual to drive results.
- Proven experience in financial data analysis, forecasting, and modeling.
- Expertise in Excel, tableau, and ERPs (such as Oracle Unifier).
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills with the experience managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the experience interacting with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment with the experience to adapt to change quickly.
- Financial literacy with accounting, finance, and analysis.
- Master's degree in accounting, finance, construction management.
- Experience designing, setting up, and implementing a cost and financial control system, financial software applications, as well as business intelligence tools.
- Background in process improvement and gap analysis.
- Experience with data center OpEx and CapEx management.
- Keen sense of team, partnerships, accountability, while still maintaining deadlines.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta's Pay Transparency Policy, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law
About the Company
Menlo Park, CA, United States
The Facebook company is now Meta. Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched... Read more