This role may also be located in our Playa Vista, CA campus.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA; Washington D.C., DC, USA; Los Angeles, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience working in policy, AdTech, or related field
- 2 years of experience working in the technology sector
- JD, MBA or Master’s degree
- Ability to operate in a rapidly changing environment
- Ability to translate issues into simple and clear language, collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, and navigate organizational boundaries
- Strong problem solving ability and attention to detail
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
Trust & Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you're a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed - with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
In this role, you will help work toward this goal by developing, launching and implementing fair and consistent policies that protect the online safety of our users. You will collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders, from engineers to sales managers to attorneys, working with them to reach consensus on policy issues. You will develop content policies, support training and deal with escalations that arise in relation to policies after launch. You will build and leverage expertise in online consumer protection, with a focus on preventing scams
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Anticipate policy issues facing product & technology platforms and develop policies and enforcement recommendations to address them
- Lead, develop, and implement policies for Google products, with a view towards user safety, product quality and privacy
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure policy analysis and recommendations consider all teams’ perspectives. Resolve high-profile policy issues, coming from the governments, the public, and internal stakeholders
- Influence product decisions and prioritize and improve user experience for policy-related issues through collaboration with Product Managers, Engineers teams
- Drive awareness and understanding of our product policies within Google and with external audiences, including regulators, press, and the public