Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Insight is seeking a service-oriented Senior Clinical Analyst to facilitate the expansion of clinical insights and adoption of data-driven decision making to support clinical optimization within client health systems. This role will be responsible for leading efforts to liberate data and insights for the entire healthcare delivery system.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Lead efforts to create new analytical insights and capabilities related to clinical effectiveness, quality, outcomes, performance, and other related areas
- Partner with analytics principals to create solutions that effectively support all known requirements and effectively answer the relevant questions about performance and opportunities for optimization
- Create and ensure effective documentation processes throughout all the entire analytics lifecycle
- Drive client value through Optum analytics product(s) support and training
- Lead prioritization efforts of competing business needs within the clinical domain, considering resource availability
- Present insights to relevant stakeholders to maximize value and adoption of analytics
- Design and lead user acceptance testing to ensure value delivery
- Act as a subject matter expert in some of the following areas: clinical variation reduction, hospital operations, government programs, pharmacy data
- Create content onboarding and rollout strategies that promote data literacy and utilization of new analytical tools, products, or capabilities
- Oversee and guide lower-level team member’s workload and progression
- Partner with analytical platform teams, data engineering, and data governance to ensure accuracy and efficiency in aggregation and alignment of foundational data assets needed to power clinical analytics
- Partner with other domain leaders to infuse clinical, quality, and patient outcome insights into the decision-making process for operational, financial, growth, and other focus areas
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of healthcare experience with knowledge and background in health system analytics and / or 3+ years of experience in clinically focused consulting engagements or large internal healthcare projects/programs for health care delivery systems
- 2+ years of experience with operational processes and clinical decision making in the various providers within a health care delivery system (e.g., hospitals, medical groups, post-acute care organizations, physician practices, ambulatory surgical centers, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience managing analytics projects or initiatives with minimal guidance
- 1+ years of SQL experience
- 1+ years of experience guiding and developing junior team members
- Advanced degrees or certifications in Analytics, Public Health, Health Administration, Business, Biological Science, or Data Science
- One or more Epic Certifications
- Depth of experience and proven track record creating and promoting analytics-based decision making within healthcare organizations
- Health system analytics professional experience (e.g., business intelligence; data mining, aggregation, and enrichment; analytical content creation; analytical storytelling; user requirement gathering; analytical process documentation).
- Experience with Epic Clarity data models
- Solid experience with one or more of the following EPIC modules or components: Caboodle, Clarity, Reporting Workbench, Slicer Dicer
- Experience guiding cross-functional efforts, with proven success in creating broad clinical analytics across many provider domains
- Experience in the health care ecosystem, including understanding the relationship between payers and providers, and how analytics enables transformation
- Experience creating advanced analytical methodologies or algorithms
- Experience managing a portfolio of analytical capabilities
- Experience working in Agile environments, employing SCRUM, Lean, and Kanban methodologies
- Working knowledge of key health management related areas, e.g. network management, value-based care, population health, quality, compliance, provider engagement, etc.
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, or New York City Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada/New York City residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone-of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income-deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes - an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.