Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
Responsible for the development and support of custom applications needed to support the business. Delivery of company and team goals specifically in the demand management space for requests for development of technical solution sets in direct support of administration and clinical needs. Will be part of an IT Development and team oriented environment which fosters positive feedback, continuous technical development/training, continual improvement methods, customer support and positive relationship building and application change management especially within the mid-level management and key change agents located throughout the organization.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely * from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Follows SDLC process and works closely with stakeholders to understand and provide feedback on complex functional requirements, identify gaps and technical limitations, propose solutions and workarounds, and formalize solutions in technical design documents, followed by coding, unit and integration testing
- Develop applications using the current, up-to-date and industry standard tool-sets. This would include continuous improvement methods to support and align technology and our Internal Development Environment (IDE) with the business needs and produce timely and accurate results in support of these businesses
- Develop and maintain key relationships with the businesses and key change agents in clinical operations and administration
- Develop quality control measures, testing measures, and the accuracy of data standards to support deployment of solutions for the businesses in IT
- Develop and analyze IT development processes and procedures that would include: business requirements and scoping of demand management requests, technical specification processes, and the development of solution sets for the clinical operations and administrative organizations
- Keep knowledge updated on latest technical development technologies and utilize these to position IT development and programming techniques and methodologies to enhance IT support of the entire organization. Align these technologies according to the company goals and initiatives
- Holds self-accountable for clear understanding of mission and goals for role and department. Achieves goals and helps to create an environment that fosters team commitment and employee engagement
- Supports practices, policies and operating procedures and ensures alignment to departmental objectives and strategy
- Understands effective communication across all levels of the organization (both upward and downward) with the appropriate message, the right tone and the appropriate level of impact
- Teammate is able to make the complex seem less complex, is a consensus builder and brings people and teams together. Is able to calm tense situations by bringing clarity and organization to the forefront. Ensures each level of the organization has the information needed and the context needed to produce favorable results. Builds strong relationship with IT operational leaders to ensure connectivity to the business
- Supports a work environment in which people are able to perform to the best of their abilities. Holds self-accountable for technical abilities, productive results, and leadership attributes
- Recognizes problems and is able to make recommendations/decisions on the best course of action to remediate. Resourceful at coming up with solutions using existing or available resources based on knowledge of the organization and level of execution effort
- Translates initiatives into actions through a thoughtful, organized and well-planned approach
- Establishes measurement criteria and systems to track daily processes, implementation of new initiatives and value creation
- Perform other relevant job duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Web Development and Programming
- 5+ years of experience in .Net environment (.NET 4.8,)
- Experience with Software design and utilization of latest technologies in Microsoft Visual Studio and C#
- Proficient in Microsoft’s SQL server
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in Computer Science or related field.
- Healthcare industry experience
- Experience with ASP.Net MVC, Advanced T-SQL, HL7, Web Services
- Experience with .Net Core
- Experience with HTML5
- Experience with Ajax
- Experience with SSIS
Careers with Optum. Our objective is to make health care simpler and more effective for everyone. With our hands at work across all aspects of health, you can play a role in creating a healthier world, one insight, one connection and one person at a time. We bring together some of the greatest minds and ideas to take health care to its fullest potential, promoting health equity and accessibility. Work with diverse, engaged and high-performing teams to help solve important challenges.
California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington Residents Only: The salary range for California, Colorado, Connecticut, Nevada, New York City, or Washington residents is $67,800 to $133,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.