VPI Program Manager
Our culture believes in POWERING YOUR POTENTIAL. We provide global opportunities to develop your career, make your community a better place and work with today’s most innovative thinkers to solve the world’s toughest problems.
We believe in flexibility for you to explore your passions while making an impact through meaningful work within our inclusive workforce. That’s what #LifeAtCummins is all about.
We are looking for a talented VPI Program Manager to join our team specializing in General Management for our Components Business Segment Working Remotely.
- Supports program leader(s) to manage, develop, and implement large Value Package Introduction (VPI) program deliverables that meets needs of customer and business.
- Manages Value Package Introduction (VPI) program(s) with large business impact from inception to completion.
- Manages defining tangible and measurable customer expectations and business outcomes, and supports the program(s) to achieve both.
- Manages determining the scope, schedule, and resources with key cross functional, cross-Business Units, and external stakeholders, and obtaining stakeholder commitment and approval of the program contract.
- Ensures adherence of the program(s) to Value Package Introduction (VPI) process.
- Manages tracking and communicating performance against the program contract with senior leadership internal and external stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Manages cross-functional identification and resolution of program risks, and issues. Appropriately escalates risks and issues as needed.
- Manages cross-functional identification and resolution of program contract changes (scope, schedule, resources).
- Advises, coaches, and develops direct reports and/or peer program manager(s). Delegates program assignments as appropriate.
- Adopts and shares best practices. Identifies, and collaborates with Value Package Introduction (VPI) Functional Excellence leaders to improve Value Package Introduction (VPI) process.
- Project Issue and Risk Management - Manages the process to identify, assess and prioritize issues and risks using recommended tools and processes to minimize, monitor, and control the probability and/or impact of negative events or to maximize the realization of positive events.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
- Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Project Management - Establishes and maintains the balance of scope, schedule and resources for a temporary effort (a "project").
- Builds effective teams - Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Plans and aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Balances stakeholders - Anticipating and balancing the needs of multiple stakeholders.
- Instills trust - Gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Ensures accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
Education, Licenses, Certifications
- College, university, or equivalent degree required.
- Project Management training and/or experience preferred.
- New Product Development training and/or experience required.
- Six Sigma experience preferred.
- 5-7 years of relevant New Product Development experience. Practical business experience and knowledge of Value Package Introduction (VPI) process required. Experience in multiple functions desired.
- The VPI Program Manager is a key leadership role with a VPI program.
- Working with the VPI Program Leader to lead, manage, and enable the VPI program to achieve its objectives. The Program Manager works hand-in-hand with the cross-functional Core Team to ensure the program remains on schedule, cross functional work is aligned, program information is accessible and secure, and that the program is measuring its performance and meeting performance objectives.
- Successful candidates will be excellent communicators, both verbal and written, and work well with peers in a team environment. Candidates should be well organized and enjoy working through the details of a program's schedule, plans and the critical contract deliverables.
- Knowledge and experience with the VPI process will hold the candidate in good stead for this position.
This posting represents a CSE Program Manager, who will work on a high profile VPI Programs Previous VPI leadership is a plus. Ability to manage cross functional co-located and non-co-located teams is required.
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range is $97,600 - $146,400. Please note that the salary range provided is a good faith estimate on the applicable range. The final salary offer will be determined after taking into account relevant factors, including a candidate’s qualifications and experience, where appropriate.
Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
(Compensation and Benefits (for all locations that don’t require transparency)
Base salary rate commensurate with experience. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.)
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Cummins Inc. is a global power leader with complementary business segments that design, manufacture, distribute and service a broad portfolio of... Read more