Country:United States of America
Location:HIA99: Field Office - IA Remote Location, Remote City, IA, 50301 USA
Position Role Type:Remote
This position is for an experienced Materials Planning and SIOP professional who is responsible for the supply and demand planning process, and for making moderate improvements to systems and processes to enhance performance of work area and team. Works with internal team to develop financial forecasts.
- Lead a team of 5 material planners across the Avionics portfolio who have a team of 35 individual service & support planners
- Responsible for developing, managing, and achieving Service Avionics and Mission Systems Inventory Annual Operating Plans ~ $100 million gross production stock
- Responsible for achieving Operational First Pass Fill Rate targets to enable Customer On Time Delivery for the service team
- Present monthly status of Avionics Service Inventory (Production stock, Service WIP, Engineer WIP) to Sr executives
- Provide monthly overview with recommendations on Sales/Demand/Operational Fill Rate Performance/Inventory alignment to Services Sr Executive staff (EXEC SIOP Meetings)
- Develop bench strength and backups for all service SIOP leadership and critical technical skill sets
- Facilitate culture that supports open communication and an environment where doing what the team says it will do is the expectation
- Breaks down roadblocks for planners
- Works across all levels of the organization to facilitate solutions for service customers
- Develops strategies for materials planning and SIOP in our services and support team.
- Responsible for the development of standardized processes within materials planning and SIOP in order to optimize the utilization of business resources and meet customer expectations for delivery.
- Responsible for the development of indicators that enable visibility to short and long-term market trends and demand.
- Identifies appropriate demand streams and establishes data relationship linkages.
- Works with product development leaders and sales and marketing teams to develop demand forecasts.
- Responsible for planning capacity and fulfillment demand with plant manufacturing operations.
- Works with manufacturing team and develops monthly production volume planning using the business forecast, inventory position, actual customer orders, and the defined capacity parameters.
- Identifies and develops new technologies to improve materials planning and SIOP capability, sustainability, and reliability.
- Responsible for tracking appropriate metrics to drive results and continuous improvement.
- Responsible for the development of processes and plans to improve supply capabilities.
- Establishes clear and robust metrics to measure progress through process improvements for SIOP.
- Creates and executes plan for every part and maintain master data for purchased parts, sub-assemblies, end items and other parts as required.
- Facilitates the capacity management process, including identification and escalation of long term capacity gaps to ensure successful execution of customer demands in support of SI&OP.
- Executes continuous management of the master demand schedule, including adherence to all required validations using the best information available, in order to provide long range OE and aftermarket demand visibility in support of financial planning, internal and external capacity management, and the overall SI&OP process.
- Monitors the transportation and delivery of inter/intraplant parts and outbound finished products.
- Tracks and manages inter/intraplant work in process (WIP), promise dating, expedite orders to ensure on-time delivery and flow.
- May oversee command center and drive part shortage resolution.
- Monitors tracking and shipping.
- Performs escalated expediting when required to ensure on time delivery of material.
- Mitigates risks for short term shortages with internal suppliers to ensure successful customer delivery.
- U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are authorized to access the financial management system due to government contractual requirements
- Typically requires University Degree and minimum 10 years prior relevant experience or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 7 years of experience or in absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience
- APICS CPIM certification, preferred
- Leadership experience, preferred
- SPO familiarity, preferred
- Preference to candidates local to the Cedar Rapids, Iowa area
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances flight deck solutions, airborne communications, vision systems, sensors and fire protection for commercial and military customers around the world. That means we’re helping people reach their destination safely and keeping pilots, passengers, flight crews, airlines, airports and military personnel connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role:
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.The salary range for this role is 112,000 USD - 236,000 USD; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, location, education/training, and key skills. Hired applicants may be eligible for benefits, including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, employee assistance program, Employee Scholar Program, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays. Specific benefits are dependent upon the specific business unit as well as whether or not the position is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Hired applicants may be eligible for annual short-term and/or long-term incentive compensation programs depending on the level of the position and whether or not it is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Payments under these annual programs are not guaranteed and are dependent upon a variety of factors including, but not limited to, individual performance, business unit performance, and/or the company’s performance.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
At Collins Aerospace, we imagine ways to make the skies and the spaces we touch smarter, safer and more amazing than ever. Our employees tackle... Read more