With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let’s lead the way together.
As an Full Stack Engineer in GMST you will be building core features and functions of card transaction systems on distributed platform deployed in the cloud. Actively participating in agile teams and the latest development practices, writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation. GMST Engineers use Java Technologies and React framework to drive innovation while also finding opportunities for adopting new technologies.
- Degree in computer science, computer science engineering or confirmed experience.
- 1-3 years of software development experience in a professional environment working with Java technologies - Vert.x, Spring, Spring Boot, RESTful micro services, PostgreSQL, Couchbase, Kafka, and RESTful API’s.
- (Good to have) Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, relational or NoSQL databases.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and eloquent solutions.
- Ability to learn and investigate new technology and business domains, question status quo and think outside of the box.
- Ability to debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation.
- Experience working in Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.