Elastic is the company behind the Elastic Stack - Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, Elastic helps people explore and analyze their data differently using the power of search. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Elastic offers their employees benefits like:
At Elastic, we see endless possibility in a world of endless data. And we use the power of search to help people and organizations turn that possibility into results. Elastic is the leading platform for search-powered solutions. With solutions in Enterprise Search, Observability, and Security, we help improve customer and employee search experiences, keep critical applications running smoothly, and protect against cyber threats. Elastic enables organizations worldwide to use the power of Elastic, including Netflix, Uber, BBC, Microsoft, and thousands of others.
Elastic was built on a foundation of being free and open, which trickles down to how we work. We’re a distributed organization and have been from the beginning. Being distributed isn’t just a way of doing business—it’s a mentality that is at the core of our culture.**Check out the appropriate Teams page for the team that you are working with. Scroll to the bottom and look at the brief descriptions of the teams as a great insight for the candidate into the team they would be working with.**What you will be doing:
- Work as part of the greater Security Protections team at Elastic with other data engineers, data scientists and security researchers
- Develop YARA signatures and other forms of logic, delivered asynchronously to Elastic customers
- Analyze or reverse engineer malware targeting Windows, Linux, and MacOS in support of threat research objectives
- Collaborate with security research engineers and data scientists to measure and improve feature efficacy
- Design and operate data systems that assist with threat discovery and emerging threat detection
- Solve complex automation and engineering challenges related to malware signature development, testing, packaging, and efficacy
- Actively engage the security community through blogs, social media accounts, webinars, workshops, meetups, speaking at conferences and other Elastic channels
- Collaborative demeanor with a strong disposition to learn new skills and emerging technologies
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a distributed, dynamic and autonomous environment
- Invested in protecting the world’s data from attack
- 2+ years of experience with malware analysis in an operational role such as in support of incident response, or a research role such as development for a security product
- Strong development experience in C, C++, Python, Go, or equivalent in a similar language, and interested to learn other languages as needed
- Expertise with Git hygiene, repository maintenance, and project management tools
- Enjoys capture-the-flag challenges like FLARE-ON
- Embraces the philosophies of open-source software development and democratizing access to knowledge and resources
Additional Information - We Take Care of Our People
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match donations 1:1 up to $1500 USD (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love.
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave