Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Operations is one of the largest divisions in the firm and has diverse responsibilities, including correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating all operational risks, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and e-solutions. Throughout, the Operations department continually seeks ways to improve while actively supporting the development of new businesses, structures and markets.
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations (ISGPO) division within operations, partners closely with Sales & Trading and our Clients to ensure completeness daily activities, develop and implement new products and services, as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes.
Client Onboarding Regulatory Services is a global group with offices in New York, Baltimore, London, Tokyo, and Hong Kong. The group operates within Institutional Securities Group Product Operations (ISGPO) and partners closely with the Legal and Compliance Division, Risk Management and Client Reference Data Services (CRDS) to assist the Firm?s Sales and Trading and Wealth Management to comply with regulatory obligations that involve data and documentation requirements.
The New Client New Business Market Regulations team supports all Prime Brokerage, Equity Swap, and US Clearing clients (new and organic). This role is responsible for regulatory checks from front to back as well as project work related to the regulatory environment.
The Market Regulations team is responsible for updating client data, conducts regulatory checks for accounts and works with multiple downstream teams to ensure all regulatory requirements are satisfied. The role liaises with many teams including risk, documentation, compliance, margin, and interest. This role is the business unit?s single point of contact and will be coordinating with many different teams across the firm.
- Escalation Management: Serve as primary point of escalation for clients and internal stakeholders in the Business Unit and within operations to coordinate issue resolution throughout the front to back onboarding process.
- Client Service: Listen to your stakeholders and/or clients to understand their needs, to gain their trust, and meet their expectations while continuing to manage operational and regulatory risk at an appropriate level. Identify opportunities to achieve operational efficiencies.
- Opportunity Management: Responsible for the regulatory review of new and organic clients, ensuring that all requirements are received prior to the client's scheduled launch date.
- Relationship Management: Work closely with legal, compliance, risk, and sales/BU to implement regulatory programs and processes that do not impact the client experience. Serve as the primary source of information around regulatory programs and take every opportunity to build a good rapport with internal stakeholders.
- Risk Management: Manage audit or policy change related to regulatory processes and deliver high quality results. Establish effective controls, checks and procedures to manage day to day activities.
- Subject Matter Expert: Know and understand entity structures, regulatory requirements, jurisdictions, and our onboarding process flow. Collaborate with Business Units and IT to identify, drive, and implement process improvements and technology solutions.
- Regulatory Service Engagement: Proactively participate in regulatory discussions in relation to the On-Boarding of clients. Know and understand the purpose of key regulators (FINRA, SEC, NFA, CFTC, etc.) and serve as a key resource for the regulatory programs managed by the Market Regulations team.
- Client Engagement: Participate in key meetings with identified senior stakeholders and external clients to provide support and guidance around key regulatory programs.
- Continuous Process Improvement: Lead projects that will further advance the strategic vision of providing value added services to our stakeholders and clients. Identify process gaps and work with global counterparts and contribute to global initiatives or discussions relating to regulatory changes.
- Mentorship and Training: Establish relationships with members of the team, develop and execute continuous training plans to raise the level of overall team performance.
- Supervision: Support and supervise the activities of the team pertaining to the regulatory programs owned. Prepare status updates, metrics, and identify key risk indicators to present to senior management across all designated forums. Display the ability to handle volume spikes and prioritize work including ad-hoc requests and projects to meet business demands in a timely manner.