Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking/ securities/ investment management and wealth management services.
The Firms employees serve clients worldwide including corporations/ governments and individuals from more than 1200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together we share a common set of values rooted in integrity/ excellence and strong team ethic.
Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn/ to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles/ perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Internal Audit is responsible for validating whether the firm operates in a controlled environment with appropriate risk-management processes. Auditors evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Firms internal controls using a risk-based methodology developed from professional auditing standards.
Internal Audit assists in monitoring the Firms compliance with internal guidelines set for risk management and risk monitoring/ as well as external rules and regulations governing the industry.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a Senior Manager for its Institutional Securities Group (ISG) Operations audit team. The person in the role will assist the Internal Audit departments Institutional Securities audit team in completing its annual audit plan/ communicating to senior management and providing recommendations for improvements. The role requires a control minded change agent who readily embraces new ideas/ takes the initiative and seeks to make a meaningful and positive impact on the banks control environment. Audited functions including all operations processes performed to support the sales and trading functions.
The Auditors responsibilities include:
- Assist the assessment of critical and high risks and evaluate the soundness of their controls as part of audits/ continuous monitoring and closure verification work in order to formulate a point of view of the control environment
- Drive discussions and asks probing questions to further dialogue with senior business stakeholders to understand risk drivers/ control state/ and impact
- Plan and execute audits/ continuous monitoring and closure verification work on sales/ trading and support groups on time and within budgets. Provide guidance to junior staff as needed.
- Presents observations to line management; and assist with negotiating finalization of issues with senior client management
- Assist the planning of deliverables with sufficient budget/ time and skill sets for successful delivery while proactively monitoring budgets/ resources and key metrics
- Assist the creation of messaging of risks and controls in the quarterly pack to senior management
- Develops and maintains relationships with clients and related support groups