With the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. When you join Team Amex, you become part of a global and diverse community of colleagues with an unwavering commitment to back our customers, communities and each other. Here, you’ll learn and grow as we help you create a career journey that’s unique and meaningful to you with benefits, programs, and flexibility that support you personally and professionally.
At American Express, you’ll be recognized for your contributions, leadership, and impact—every colleague has the opportunity to share in the company’s success. Together, we’ll win as a team, striving to uphold our company values and powerful backing promise to provide the world’s best customer experience every day. And we’ll do it with the utmost integrity, and in an environment where everyone is seen, heard and feels like they belong.
Join Team Amex and let's lead the way together.
How will you make an impact in this role?
Responsible for contacting clients with overdue accounts to secure the settlement of the account. Also they do preventive work to avoid future overdues with accounts that have a high exposure.
• Achieve aggressive corporate card sales targets in the geography through a focus on winning new business to the franchise via new clients aggressively
• Manage the sales pipeline ensuring the pipeline is robust and will meet the targets including accurate and timely reporting of the pipeline and prospects in the pipeline
• Develop and execute a sales strategy for increasing interactive penetration and improving operational economics
• Fully engaging in the performance management and development planning process lead the sales strategies to penetrate all segments within prescribed territory in middle market live the blue box values, including “Personal Accountability” and “Will to Win”
• Develop linkages with the implementation team to facilitate fast efficient implementations of won business
• Develop relationships across distribution partners e.g. travel agents, expense management providers, consultants, etc. coordinates efforts/resources within and across teams to deliver goals
• Recognizes the importance of teamwork to achieve objectives; brings in ideas, information, suggestions and expertise from others outside the immediate team
• Builds strong team relationships within and across teams
• Retaining and growing the margins in our new business wins
• Mapping of the overall market potential within prescribed territory to determine organization’s current market share and market opportunity for corporate card demonstrate a strong knowledge of external competitor activity and market trends to be able to effectively position our products though differentiated selling
• Network within the industry, community, business, and customers to stay current on issues impacting customers
• Be self-motivated and maintain consistent high levels of energy and focus
• Act with integrity
• Show energy and resilience
• Preferably management graduate with corporate sales experience ranging from 3-8 years at decision making level structured methodology to account acquisition
• Personal pipeline management experience including ability to make cold calls on prospects
• Strategic and analytical focus self-motivated with strong time management skills strong oral and written skills superior negotiation abilities strong Microsoft word, PowerPoint & excel skills preferred
• Ability to work in a team
• Result oriented with experience in developing and executing successful sales strategy’s ability to articulate knowledge about products, services and value proposition to prospects ability to develop a good understanding of the prospect using relevant research and questioning techniques
• Build relationships with decision makers and influencers with the client network within the industry, community, businesses, and customers to stay current on issues impacting customers
We back our colleagues and their loved ones with benefits and programs that support their holistic well-being. That means we prioritize their physical, financial, and mental health through each stage of life. Benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Bonus incentives
- Support for financial-well-being and retirement
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (depending on location)
- Flexible working model with hybrid, onsite or virtual arrangements depending on role and business need
- Generous paid parental leave policies (depending on your location)
- Free access to global on-site wellness centers staffed with nurses and doctors (depending on location)
- Free and confidential counseling support through our Healthy Minds program
- Career development and training opportunities
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.