Morgan Stanley (“MS”) is a global financial services firm that conducts its business through three principal business segments — Institutional Securities, Wealth Management (WM), and Investment Management. Our Financial Advisors focus on delivering timely, customized solutions and services that help clients meet their financial and life goals. Our offering includes brokerage and investment advisory services, financial and wealth planning, access to credit and lending, cash management, annuities and insurance, and retirement services.
The Assistant Vice president position is with US Banks Regulatory Risk and Vendor Management Team. The team has responsibility for the implementation of the Bank’s Regulatory Risk and Compliance programs in the Business Unit as the First Line of Defense. The team also responsible for conducting periodic assessments of banks vendors to assess compliance. The Associate will sit full-time in New York, NY, and be responsible for assisting various Regulatory Risk and Compliance programs for US Banks products and services.
Working in the team gives a great opportunity to gain understanding of US Banks regulatory environment. The individual will be exposed to different business groups, initiatives and work closely with Legal and Compliance personnel and other relevant stakeholders
• Assist in the daily monitoring of exceptions identified in the Reg W, Reg O, Reg B processes, analyze issues and ensure timely resolution
• Retain documentation of the discussions/investigations
• Assisting in the periodic Internal Audit and Compliance tests
• Monitoring Reg W limits on a daily basis
• Working on new business initiatives and responding to the information requests from Business Units, Financial Advisors and Private Bankers
• Review the current processes, identify areas of improvement, assist in designing and implementing new processes
• Compile data and prepare presentations for senior management review
• Drafting, updating and maintaining RWO and business/support area procedures