About this role
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.Job Description
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.52 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
Do you want to help us shape the future of investing? ETF usage is accelerating, and iShares is #1 with global organic growth of 20% and a 55% increase in shareholders in the US alone. However, to date the Asset Management industry has had a very traditional business model. Perfect storm. There is unquestionable opportunity for ETFs and for disruption, and we are determined to lead the change.
The growing volume of clients holding iShares, and the increase in those engaging digitally, requires a new approach. We must evolve to a deeper customer experience, facilitating users through the purchase funnel, personalizing to their needs and fostering ongoing loyalty.
As we take a new approach for our clients, we are building out our team and we’re looking for an A-player to join our iShares.com US team as Senior Software Engineer.
As an Associate – iShares Development, you will be the core of iShares Budapest team:
- Working closely with the product owners to deliver against strategy
- Building strong relationships with key partners in iShares, Digital Wealth and Digital Marketing to drive strategic initiatives
- Collaborating with designers, writing front-end code and influencing the roadmap of APIs and micro services to ship product increments
- Work with project managers, technical leads, business owners, and analysts through the entire SDLC, understanding and refining systems requirements, working in Agile model.
- Develop multi-threaded server-based solutions for a wide range of web based applications
- Understand and support existing systems, and resolve operations issues while working with other engineering staff located across the globe
- Work as a full stack web developer working across front end and back end, test engineers, project managers, technical leads, business owners and analysts through the whole SDLC, understanding and refining front-end and user interface requirements, designing and writing code, clearly documenting the development process.
- Participate in setting front-end coding standards and guidelines for BlackRock web sites, identify and document best practices.
- Stay abreast of the new front-end web development technologies; integrate them with BlackRock’s web sites to further enhance the usability and efficiency of the sites as necessary.
Essential skills / experience
- A minimum of 4+ years of development experience, ideally across the full stack
- Some experience and understanding of both waterfall and Agile project management disciplines, with an emphasis on Scrum
- Financial knowledge and interest recommended.
- 2+ years hands-on Java design and development experience with services oriented architectures, Java application servers (JBoss, Apache, Spring Framework), and database access tools (Hibernate, MyBATIS, JDBC).
- 3+ years experience in developing distributed software systems using NOSQL technologies such as Cassandra, HBase or React.
- 3+ years experience supporting UNIX/LINUX platforms
- Experience with Test Driven Development highly preferred (JUnit, TestNG, EasyMock, JMock)
- Experience on frameworks like Angular, React, Node.js, Typescript preferred
- Working knowledge and experience of HTML 5 and CSS 3 a plus
- Experience with responsive web development, mobile and video technologies a strong plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with global project teams spread across several time zones
- Strong teamwork, communication and time management abilities a must
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of employee benefits including: retirement investment and tools designed to help you in building a sound financial future; access to education reimbursement; comprehensive resources to support your physical health and emotional well-being; family support programs; and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
Our hybrid work model
BlackRock’s current hybrid work model is designed to enable in-person connections and collaboration that is core to our culture, while supporting increased flexibility for all employees. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are required to work at least 3 days in the office each week, with the flexibility to work from home up to 2 days a week. Some business groups may require more time in the office due to their roles and responsibilities. The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments.
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children’s educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment – the one we make in our employees. It’s why we’re dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.
Follow BlackRock To Get Updated When They Post New Roles On PowerToFly! Be yourself. Be valued for it. We have a responsibility to help people... Read more