Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Provide seamless secretarial and administrative support for currently 4 Senior Leaders of the Pacific West Technology Leadership Team. As a member of this team, contributes to the OCIO Enterprise Support Services team by providing Executive Assistance support and services. The Executive Assistant may be privy to confidential information; therefore, the ability to maintain confidentiality is paramount. This role requires a high level of professionalism, administrative expertise, and excellent interpersonal skills.
OCIO/Enterprise Support Services
Director, Enterprise Support Services
- Provide in-depth administrative support to Senior Leaders of the Pacific West Technology Leadership Team including but not limited to:
- Proactive management of ever-changing schedules and required meetings; volume of meetings to support these 4 Sr. Leaders individually and collectively
- Planning and coordinating meetings, teleconferences, and video conferences
- Travel planning: Prepares Sr. Leader travel and provides dedicated logistical support during their travel
- Prioritize and be proactive in determining needs and creative in developing solutions to support the efficiency and effectiveness of the leaders
- Communicates and collaborates with internal/external contacts including other Executive Assistants to other Sr. and Executive leaders
- Expense reporting
- Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone, answering or directing inquiries
- Alerts the front desk / security of any in-person meetings so the guests are greeted correctly.
- Contributes to team by achieving results
- Anticipates and pro-actively plans for future Sr. Leader engagements and needs
- Provides administrative support
- Supports external meetings and events as required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High school education or equivalent
- 10+ years of administrative support experience, 5+ years of which have included support at executive level
- Experience planning and coordinating travel for executives
- Experience creating and submitting expense reports
- Experience maintaining complex calendars and setting up meetings
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of experience, or an Associate degree plus 3+ years of related experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Significant career in secretarial/administrative field showing of progressively responsible work, including directly supporting a Senior Leader of a large private or public sector firm/organization for at least 3+ years
- Proven ability to quickly adapt to a complex administrative and organizational environment
- High performer with a proven track record of operating in a high-pressure environment with tight timelines
- Advanced secretarial and administrative skills, with strong written and oral communications.
- Technology savvy, ability to work across multiple platforms.
- Ability to make decisions and operate independently, as well as judgement to know when to seek guidance.
- Ability to multitask, tracking and managing many active priorities in parallel; Judgement to prioritize between multiple important tasks but not drop other tasks.
- Very highly organized and structured, good planner, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Sophisticated understanding of travel in order to support CIO travel needs.
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside normal business hours as needed during peak periods or during urgent situations. An ethos to do what it takes.
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomatic abilities, and cultural sensitivity to engage stakeholders and colleagues
- Demonstrated team player, with ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships. Openness to share openly when appropriate but discretion to protect sensitive information.
- Pro-active, with an ability to anticipate and address Sr. Leader’s needs.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.