Elastic is the company behind the Elastic Stack - Elasticsearch, Kibana, Beats, and Logstash. From stock quotes to Twitter streams, Apache logs to WordPress blogs, Elastic helps people explore and analyze their data differently using the power of search. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Cisco, eBay, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Elastic offers their employees benefits like:
Elastic is a free and open search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real-time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.co.
We’re always on the search for amazing people. People who have a real passion for what they do and are masters at their craft. We are looking for an Identity and Access Management Architect to join the Security Architecture team within Information Security (InfoSec). The InfoSec team leads the strategy, policy, and programs for information security company-wide. Our responsibilities include risk management, customer trust, recommending and implementing security controls, preventing and detecting security threats, and handling incident response. We do all of this in a globally distributed company, thinking differently about how we best achieve critical information security objectives.
- Do you have experience defining and delivering Identity and Access strategies as part of a Zero Trust architecture?
- Do you combine deep technical expertise in corporate and cloud native IAM, with the ability to strategize and communicate enterprise-wide?
This could be your dream job, and we'd love to meet you!What you will be doing:
- Evolving and maturing Elastic’s Identity and Access Management program, in close collaboration with Engineering, IT, and business partners.
- Working with the latest technologies to deliver secure and scalable IAM solutions for human, service, and machine access to cloud-based infrastructure and applications.
- Implementing and automating scalable, distributed processes for the provisioning, deprovisioning, and modification of identities, roles, and entitlements.
- Proven experience as an IAM Architect, IAM Engineer, or similar role in a global, technology-focused organization.
- Experience designing and implementing enterprise-wide Zero Trust Architecture using technologies such as Okta, Azure AD, AWS IAM, HashiCorp Vault, and similar in a "from anywhere, on any device" context.
- Experience implementing and supporting an Identity governance framework (IGA)
- Familiarity with cloud-native environments (e.g., containers, Kubernetes), API-based microservice architectures, and SRE/DevOps practices
- Deep understanding of security frameworks, authentication mechanisms, and encryption protocols.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across teams and communicate IAM concepts to technical and non-technical collaborators.
- Double Bonus points if you have the experience above in a growing SaaS company!
Compensation for this role is in the form of base salary. This role does not have a variable compensation component.
The typical starting salary range for new hires in this role is listed below. In select locations (including Seattle WA, Los Angeles CA, the San Francisco Bay Area CA, and the New York City Metro Area), an alternate range may apply as specified below.
These ranges represent the lowest to highest salary we reasonably and in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the ranges may be modified in the future.
An employee's position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, geographic location, performance, and business or organizational needs.
Elastic believes that employees should have the opportunity to share in the value that we create together for our shareholders. Therefore, in addition to cash compensation, this role is currently eligible to participate in Elastic's stock program. Our total rewards package also includes a company-matched 401k with dollar-for-dollar matching up to 6% of eligible earnings, along with a range of other benefits offered with a holistic emphasis on employee well-being.
As a distributed company, diversity drives our identity. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life. Your age is only a number. It doesn’t matter if you’re just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do.
We strive to have parity of benefits across regions and while regulations differ from place to place, we believe taking care of our people is the right thing to do.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Health coverage for you and your family in many locations
- Ability to craft your calendar with flexible locations and schedules for many roles
- Generous number of vacation days each year
- Double your charitable giving - We match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Up to 40 hours each year to use toward volunteer projects you love
- Embracing parenthood with minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. Elastic is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
We welcome individuals with disabilities and strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all individuals. To request an accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org We will reply to your request within 24 business hours of submission.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, view posters linked below: Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision Poster; Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster and Know Your Rights (Poster)
Please see here for our Privacy Statement.