- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in program, project, and portfolio management or comparable experience.
- Experience with software development and developer tools.
- Experience working with engineering, product, and cross-functional teams in developer infrastructure or related technical fields.
- Ability to craft a compelling message and tailor it for a given audience.
- Ability to mix technical acumen with simple, everyday language to deliver a story that is memorable and useful.
- Proven technical/program management outcomes, from idea to launching programs, in multiple contexts throughout your career.
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
In this role, you will be in charge of Technical Program Management across three teams in addition to overall team organization. You will need to work closely with three different Technical Leads to break down work, understand resourcing, and deliver features on time. Your work will require cross-team communication and dependency management.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, social to local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Provide software development and project management, cross-functional coordination, and inter/intra team communications to deliver outstanding program outcomes.
- Work closely with Software Engineers, Product Managers, and other Engineering teams to get products and features through the software project lifecycle (build, test, and release on time).
- Communicate both engineering issues and project strategy.
- Identify gaps, drive alignment, and solve cross-functional and inter-team issues quickly.
- Manage program/project schedules, identify possible issues, and clearly communicate them to the stakeholders.