Firm Risk Management
Firm Risk Management (FRM) supports Morgan Stanley to achieve its business goals by partnering with business units across the Firm to realize efficient risk-adjusted returns, acting as a strategic advisor to the Board and protecting the Firm from exposure to losses as a result of credit, market, liquidity, operational, model and other risks.
Credit Risk Management (CRM) evaluates credit risk transactions and approves, rejects or modifies them considering the availability and appropriateness of arrangements for reducing risk or risk mitigation. The department also assigns Internal Credit Ratings; establishes and manages credit risk limits in accordance with the risk tolerance established by the Board; monitors and reports on credit risk exposures on a regular basis to the Chief Risk Officer and senior management. CRM also interacts with business units to ensure that credit risk assessments are factored into business decisions.
Morgan Stanley is seeking a candidate to join the Wealth Management Credit Analytics team to perform analyses to solve critical business problems while protecting the Firm. The Wealth Management lending portfolio comprises wholesale and retail products, including commercial real estate, residential mortgage as well as securities backed lending products. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong analytical skills, be a good team player, a self-starter with curiosity to learn and solve problems to enhance risk capabilities, and communicate effectively in various forums.
- Perform portfolio level analytics, and business as usual stress testing, as well as ACL reserve and Basel Capital calculations for Wealth Management retail and wholesale lending products
- Perform analyses to support a variety of strategic business initiatives, including enhancement risk capabilities
- Collaborate with Credit Risk Coverage and modeling teams to develop and enhance stress testing methodologies and modeling approaches
- Produce documentation and presentations to effectively communicate key information to key stakeholders, including senior management and regulators
- Partner with stakeholders across Risk, Finance and IT on projects improving process and data flows and automating stress testing