Help us maintain the quality of jobs posted on PowerToFly. Let us know if this job is closed.
Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Your future team
Data is a big deal at Atlassian. The Corporate data engineering team manages multiple analytical data models, data pipelines, and Enterprise BI products for teams across Atlassian. We ingest data in Atlassian's data lake and build creative and reliable analytics data model that provides a unified way of analyzing our customers, our products, our operations and the interactions among them.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join the Data Engineering team with a specific focus on our People team. Reporting to the Group Product Manager, Data and Analytics - you'll have a huge opportunity to expand on existing offerings and create your very own. Join our efforts in unlocking the value of data through democratization at scale and build exceptional and trusted data products for the company. You will work to understand and explore the needs of business analysts, accountants, data scientists, and product teams. By then combining this understanding with knowledge of data engineering you can then define and implement a delivery roadmap. You will also dive in to Atlassian's data lake to use common services. You will lead projects in an agile way, work to transform ambiguous asks to structured requirements, and become a trusted partner with business teams. Partner and work closely with engineering team to translate product requirements into actionable deliverables.
There is no shortage of new opportunities to leverage data and to integrate data or applications to enhance business value. You will partner with business stakeholders on crafting a roadmap that delivers value regularly. Lastly, proactively monitor industry, functional, and technology trends to guide business partners on emerging opportunities.What you'll do
- 5+ years of data product management experience, ideally at a high-growth company
- Experience partnering with business teams in setting the vision for data needs and translating it into a product roadmap
- Knowledge of data warehousing concepts, data pipeline design, experience in writing SQL.
- Extensive experience with querying and data visualization tools
- Experience with the People (HR) processes namely Recruiting, Employee Lifecycle, Compensation, Performance.
- Experience working with People (HR) technology stack (Ex: Workday, Lever, Qualtrics)
- Develop and defend strong points of view with data and analytics
- Outstanding track record of building relationships and influencing without authority at all levels of the organization. You'll make sure everyone is on the same page on Slack / Atlas / Jira or email!
- Experience working with Finance technology stack(Ex: Netsuite, RevPro, Coupa) is a plus
- Prior experience working for a SaaS company
- Worked with structured, unstructured, and graph data
- BE/BS/BA with an emphasis in technology, IT, or operations; Graduate level qualification is ideal
- Strong technical background - you're a PM by trade, but love geeking out over phenomenal technical ideas from time to time
Our perks & benefits
To support you at work and play, our perks and benefits include ample time off, an annual education budget, paid volunteer days, and so much more.
The world’s best teams work better together with Atlassian. From medicine and space travel, to disaster response and pizza deliveries, Atlassian software products help teams all over the planet. At Atlassian, we're motivated by a common goal: to unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians create our success. To ensure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience, we never discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about our culture and hiring process, explore our Candidate Resource Hub.