Follow Raytheon Technologies To Get Updated When They Post New Roles On PowerToFly!
Country:United States of America
Location:RMA99: RTN Remote, Massachusetts
Position Role Type:Remote
At Raytheon, the foundation of everything we do is rooted in our values and a higher calling – to help our nation and allies defend freedoms and deter aggression. We bring the strength of more than 100 years of experience and renowned engineering expertise to meet the needs of today’s mission and stay ahead of tomorrow’s threat. Our team solves tough, meaningful problems that create a safer, more secure world.
RTX seeks a qualified and motivated individual to join the Raytheon Digital Technology Applications team as a Technical Lead for a portfolio of business applications.
The ideal candidate will expand upon the delivery of $10M+ of annual business value through innovative and enabling web application development methodologies.
Primary responsibilities include leading a technical team of Java and .NET developers and transitioning them from a scrum agile environment to an enterprise-wide scaled agile environment. Additional responsibilities include socializing ideas and influencing management and senior leadership, inspiring and encouraging innovation, engaging with an application managed service provider, and creating and leading high-performing teams.
This is a fulltime telecommuting position from a US home location with approximately one week of US business travel per quarter.
Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Mentor, coach, lead, and transition a team of developers from a scrum agile environment to an enterprise-wide scaled agile environment.
- Ideate, create, prototype, design and develop enabling technology approaches and solutions for a portfolio of 80+ web applications.
- Evangelize to management and senior leadership technology approaches aligned by roadmap.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership across multiple teams as needed in addressing significant challenges and driving them to resolution.
- Specify unique and innovative approaches to complex problems – formally publishing them within internal publications for consumption and usage by other technical organizations.
- Own the design, development, and delivery of technical solutions, providing hands-on implementation and technical guidance to team members as required.
- Provide buy vs. build recommendations for costing and technology decisions, effectively lobbying management, and senior leadership to achieving best outcomes.
- Typically requires a Bachelor’s Degree in IT or STEM related field and 10+ years of directly related experience, or Master’s Degree in IT or STEM and 7+ years of experience, or 15+ additional years of relevant experience
- Experience designing relational databases.
- Agile software development experience, particularly related to SAFe.
- Experience developing applications using object-oriented design principles.
- Strong understanding of RESTful web services.
- U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are authorized to access information under this program/contract.
- Experience developing secure web services and remediating security vulnerabilities.
- Experience developing applications using Maven, Spring, jQuery, AngularJS, Bootstrap.
- Experience with messaging systems (such as JMS).
- Experience with JPA, specifically the EclipseLink implementation.
- Experience with Ant, JUnit, and Selenium and continuous integration tools (such as Jenkins).
- Experience with MySQL, MariaDB, Oracle, and SQLServer.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
- Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.The salary range for this role is 112,000 USD - 236,000 USD; however, RTX considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, location, education/training, and key skills. Hired applicants may be eligible for benefits, including but not limited to, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, flexible work schedules, employee assistance program, Employee Scholar Program, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays. Specific benefits are dependent upon the specific business unit as well as whether or not the position is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Hired applicants may be eligible for annual short-term and/or long-term incentive compensation programs depending on the level of the position and whether or not it is covered by a collective-bargaining agreement. Payments under these annual programs are not guaranteed and are dependent upon a variety of factors including, but not limited to, individual performance, business unit performance, and/or the company’s performance.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms