Follow Raytheon Technologies To Get Updated When They Post New Roles On PowerToFly!
Country:United States of America
Location:TX190: 2501 West University, McKinney 2501 West University , McKinney, TX, 75070 USA
Position Role Type:Onsite
Collins Aerospace is seeking a Program Development Chief Engineer to support mission computer development and production programs in the Trusted Mission Processor (TMP) within the Trusted Mission Processors Information Systems (TMPIS) /Mission Systems Strategic Solutions (MSSS) product line. The Development Chief Engineer provides technical leadership, ensures engineering and technical execution, and guides growth for Mission Computer variants. This position reports to the TMP Engineering leadership and supports the business through the program office.
The Chief Engineer leads the Engineering disciplines to identify and provide engineering resources (people, processes, facilities & tools) to execute engineering scope for all related development efforts. The Chief Engineer ensures the technical integrity of their programs’ technical baselines, and holds overall responsibility for cost, schedule, and technical execution of the engineering portions of each program. The Chief Engineer collaborates with the leadership to ensure development efforts are aligned to TMP’s product and technology strategy.
This role interfaces directly with its customer counterparts, leading technical engagements with government and prime contractor customers and major subcontractors. This includes working with customers to ensure the success of ongoing programs, and to understand customer needs to shape and capture future work.
This position is eligible for relocation assistance.
• Typically requires a degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) unless prohibited by local laws/regulations and minimum 10 years prior relevant experience or an Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 7 years of experience or in absence of a degree, 14 years of relevant experience
• Experience with a broad engineering background including technical leadership of engineers and scientists
• Experience managing integrated and concurrent engineering development efforts (i.e. systems, software, hardware, etc.)
• Industry experience developing DoD mission computing systems or avionics systems
• Experience in program management activities, including a working knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM)
• Experience across all phases of the product development lifecycle
• Possess excellent, professional oral and written communication skills
• ACTIVE DoD Secret Security Clearance
• Active and transferable U.S. government issued security clearance is required prior to start date
• U.S. citizenship is required, as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
• Must have or be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements
• Experience working with various DoD agencies, including military and DoD civilian personnel
• Experience with business development and capture management
• Industry experience applying COTS technology to DoD embedded systems
• Experience with Agile and DevSecOps development methodologies
• Previous SAP experience
Collins Aerospace, an RTX company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio, and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Do you want to be a part of something bigger? A team whose impact stretches across the world, and even beyond? At Collins Aerospace, our Mission Systems team helps civilian, military and government customers complete their most complex missions — whatever and wherever they may be. Our customers depend on us for intelligent and secure communications, missionized systems for specialized aircraft and spacecraft and collaborative space solutions. By joining our team, you’ll have your own critical part to play in ensuring our customer succeeds today while anticipating their needs for tomorrow. Are you up for the challenge? Join our mission today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
This is an ONSITE position. Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
This requisition is eligible for an employee referral award. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the referral award.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms