DellEMC currently has an exciting opportunity open for a Sr.Consultant Program Manager to work out of our Austin or Round Rock, TX office. The Sr. Consultant Program Manager applies his/her knowledge of cross-functional software program teams including quality, engineering, product management, support readiness and marketing to plan and guide the delivery of sophisticated Cloud Platform and Cloud enabled infrastructure solutions from inception through end-of-life.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
· Drive the cross-functional planning and go to market readiness for several Cloud and Cloud Infrastructure solutions.
· Develop and maintain multiple highly complex technical programs that include diverse practices, services and/or initiatives
· Identify key internal relationships to support better alignment of our delivery teams; facilitate inter-organizational and cross SAB communication and issue resolution.
· Facilitate, coordinate and lead cross-functional/SAB teams to complete program and/or project plans, tasks and milestones according to commitments.
· Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver on goals.
· Provide regular program status demonstrating execution to scheduled activities, assessing risks, and predicting potential areas needing attention; practice active risk and issue management.
· Collaborate with Product Management to understand the product/solution roadmap and key areas of integration for the Dell EMC, VMware and Pivotal product lines.
· Champion programs/projects that effect long range goals and objectives.
· Influence and ensure execution of continuous improvement of product/solution development lifecycle process, practices and initiatives.
· Constantly strive to improve self and team's productivity.
Enhance and maintain the Offer lifecycle process
· Ability to manage in a matrix environment.
· Ability to work effectively with senior management. Problem-solve in real time at peer and exec levels
· Proven ability to establish relationships of mutual trust with program teams to drive efficient software program teams and manage dependencies.
· Ability to prioritize projects and deliverables.
· Software lifecycle experience required; experience working with Agile development teams desired
· Project management skills – demonstrated skills in various techniques – planning, governance, program tracking, issue and risk management
· Good orientation to technical concepts and has the ability to assimilate high level technical info
· Strong ability to seize initiative and create and drive product and process agenda
· Ability to work with remote, geographically dispersed product delivery teams, with minimal direct guidance
· Ability to influence others to achieve results
· Creative problem solving and negotiation skills
· Experience with backup, recovery or archive technology a plus
Experience and Education
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent · Typically requires 15+ years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree; or 12+ years and a Master’s degree; or with 8+ years with a PhD or equivalent experience
· Minimum of 5 years recent experience in a hardware and software development environment
Benefits We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you want to play a key role in supporting the global release and evolution of innovative technology, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dellhere.