We believe that everyone benefits from their biological information. It is our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA. With our high-quality, trusted partners and state-of-the-art lab, we have created the first platform of personalized products and services powered by genetics. From inherited cancer screening to custom fitness and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming more accessible and more valuable than ever.
So far we have raised over $300 million from investors like Illumina (the world’s leader in genetic sequencing equipment), Warburg Pincus, Sutter Hill Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Draper Fisher Jurvetson Growth. Our app store and marketplace include partners such as National Geographic, Admera Health, Vinome and many others, with whom we have partnered to develop applications which interpret your genome.
Our big vision comes with big responsibility. That’s why we’re building a team of experts in the field of genetics, engineering, design, business development, and beyond to help bring actionable insights to our customers. We’re looking for the best and brightest minds who are passionate about our mission and are excited to work with a truly diverse team.
This role will be directly supporting two Co-founders and a VP level executive, as well as providing additional administrative support to their teams as needed. We’re looking for a strong Executive Assistant that can thrive in a fast-paced startup environment, someone that can work successfully both independently and in a team setting. We are looking for a candidate that takes initiative and ownership over special projects and processes, and can collaborate with other team members.
You are positive and driven, with an interpersonal savvy that allows you to develop lasting relationships with both your managers and surrounding teams. You're confident, proactive vs. reactive, flexible and self-motivated, and have an infectious personality that can have fun while working hard.
As an Executive Assistant, you will:
- Support multiple co-founders and senior level management, as well as providing additional support for their direct reports as needed.
- Heavy calendaring of internal and external meetings, ensuring appropriate time management and ability to prioritize meeting requests
- Coordinate travel with a strong attention to detail, anticipating transportation, lodging, meeting and communication needs while traveling.
- Track and submit expense reports in a timely manner for multiple executives
- Takes initiative to lead special projects and implement company-wide processes with little or no supervision
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive material
- Collaborates closely with the admin team to support events and company-wide projects, as well as provide back-up support to other team members when needed
- Assists the talent acquisition team to schedule and coordinate interviews, manage candidates when onsite for interviews.
- Keep up with the fast-paced, startup environment and adaptable to the growing pains of a new company
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7+ years of senior team level support experience to multiple executives at a time.
- Experience with Google calendar and apps.
- Ideally, experience scaling a startup into a business with hundreds of employees.
An ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate, mission driven and excited about Helix's vision!
- An expert in written and verbal communication skills; have strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
- Positive with a go-getter attitude and willing to pitch in wherever needed; able to learn new skills and tasks quickly and with minimal guidance. Proactive in anticipating needs.
- A culture creator.
- Intellectually inclined; agile problem solving is important!
What Helix has to offer you
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 4 weeks of paid Pregnancy Disability
- 401(k) with employer matching
- On-premise nursing room
- Corporate fitness rate
- Commuter benefits
- Catered meals
- Flexible PTO
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.