We believe that everyone benefits from their biological information. It is our mission to empower every person to improve their life through DNA. With our high-quality, trusted partners and state-of-the-art lab, we have created the first platform of personalized products and services powered by genetics. From inherited cancer screening to custom fitness and nutrition plans, the world of DNA learning is becoming more accessible and more valuable than ever.
So far we have raised over $300 million from investors like Illumina (the world’s leader in genetic sequencing equipment), Warburg Pincus, Sutter Hill Ventures, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers and Draper Fisher Jurvetson Growth. Our app store and marketplace include partners such as National Geographic, Admera Health, Vinome and many others, with whom we have partnered to develop applications which interpret your genome.
Our big vision comes with big responsibility. That’s why we’re building a team of experts in the field of genetics, engineering, design, business development, and beyond to help bring actionable insights to our customers. We’re looking for the best and brightest minds who are passionate about our mission and are excited to work with a truly diverse team.
The Supply Chain team is looking for an experienced and motivated individual to continue to build our distribution solutions. We aim to make our distributions solutions a competitive advantage by providing state of the art service to our customers and by optimizing cost to allow Helix to scale exponentially. We think this is an area where being innovative pays off and we are looking for the right person to lead this effort!
As Director of Supply Chain Operations, you will:
- Own all activities related to Helix’s DNA collection kit. You will ensure on-time shipment from the warehouse to the customer or distributor and safe return from the customer back to the clinical lab.
- Build a healthy relationship with the 3PL, and will develop, improve, and maintain all the necessary processes to enable the business growth and drive efficiency.
- Ensure proper level of inventory at our 3PL for optimal use of capital while enabling rapid response to frequent and high demand changes.
- Ensure the quality of the product in the customer's hands remain the best in the industry.
- Collaborate with suppliers to actively monitor their performance in the areas of service, delivery, quality and cost.
- Evaluate other vendors to ensure Helix has the best partner for its needs. Bring significant year over year cost reduction and service level improvements.
- Strengthen our existing distribution channels, including Amazon (Retail and FBA) and support the establishment of new distribution channels, including retail. Ensure these channel partners view Helix as collaborative partners.
- Be the marketing and design team’s Operations counterpart for any kit design change or overhaul, helping with distribution/retail requirements, finding solutions to enable these changes, and enabling marketing campaigns.
- Work with our internal team on system integration between Helix and the vendors.
- Setup robust analytics and drive data-driven decisions.
- As part of the operations team of a Clinical Laboratory, you will help ensure our compliance to the quality systems in place.
- 10+ years of Distribution Operations experience
- Experience with direct to consumer, retail distribution, and B2B. Experience with Amazon Retail and FBA a strong plus.
- Ability to work efficiently within a team in a fast-paced, changing environment and efficiently deal with pressure, multiple tasks, deadlines, and rapidly changing priorities.
- Experience building processes in a high growth environment, with changing requirements
- Track record of cost reduction, process improvement, and managing financials closely.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or other advanced degrees optional
An ideal candidate will have:
- A customer-focused attitude, for both internal and external customers
- Experience in a rapidly-growing startup environment
- Low tolerance for any customer experience that is not perfect
- A track record of hitting KPIs
- Strong ownership of the distribution operation
- Experience with a product with high seasonality
What Helix has to offer you:
Aside from working alongside brilliant, dedicated, passionate, down-to-earth, curious, warm, and thoughtful people, we also provide great benefits:
- Competitive compensation, including meaningful equity
- Health insurance, including medical, dental, and vision
- 12 weeks of Maternity or Paternity leave
- 4 weeks of paid Pregnancy Disability
- 401(k) with employer matching
- On-premise nursing room
- Corporate fitness rate
- Commuter benefits
- Catered meals
- Flexible PTO
Helix is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.