Job ID: 1800002076
Assume ownership of full life cycle credit risk management for an exciting confidential portfolio in a high growth market segment. Provide Credit Risk Management reporting and analysis for the portfolio with primary accountability for identifying and managing consumer credit and fraud risk, across all components of new and existing accounts through data gathering & analytics. Support and interact with client team(s), and with key contacts throughout Synchrony.
- Work closely with client to minimize both Synchrony’s risk as well as partner’s risk, while continuing to grow the portfolio in a digital environment
- Be a leader in identification, design and execution of enhanced strategies with COE teams, using champion/challenger leanings to manage credit and fraud risk
- Prepare and present client facing and leadership team presentations to facilitate informed decisions
- Work effectively cross-functionally (Marketing, Finance, Operations) to drive smart growth and client satisfaction delivering safety and soundness in the portfolio
- Coordinate planning cycle with client teams to ensure consistency in business plans, and delivery of loss targets
- Responsible for providing clear guidance to the organization on risk appetite, and assess any risk to it for timely communication to leadership
- Provide analytics and input for deal and promotional pricing activities
- Coordinate multisite/country resources to ensure delivery and accuracy of monthly MIS and reporting needs to meet internal and external requirements
- Maintain effective and credible challenge of critical decisions and business processes
- Perform other duties and/or special Credit projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree and 7+ years in consumer Credit/Risk, Finance, or Analytics role; or in lieu of a bachelor's degree, 11+ years in a consumer and/or commercial Credit/Risk, Finance or Analytics role.
- 5+ years of general purpose card credit management experience
- Proficient in SAS/SQL or other related analytic tools
- Ability to accurately condense large amounts of information and present in a simple, cogent manner to senior level management and clients.
- Proven expertise in managing credit and fraud strategy for bankcard product in verticals not limited to auto, airline, and/or general-purpose card.
- Strong analytical skills, highly comfortable working in a quantitative environment.
- Experience operating in fast-paced Innovation driven cross functional environment.
- Use of advanced technical & analytical competencies in driving effective strategic goals.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with consumer lending products and practices.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- Effective 1-1-18, new hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles. Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles. Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post. All internal employees must have at least a “consistently meets expectations” performance rating and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance requirement).
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am – 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.
The salary range for this position is 85,000.00 - 170,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.