Freddie Mac makes home possible for millions of families and individuals by providing mortgage capital to lenders. Benefits include:
At Freddie Mac, you will do important work to build a better housing finance system and you’ll be part of a team helping to make homeownership and rental housing more accessible and affordable across the nation.
As part of Freddie Mac’s return to the office pilot, all employees, contingent workers and visitors must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to be on-site unless they have an approved accommodation.Position Overview:
Enterprise Operations & Technology (EO+T) Risk Assurance is a 1st line of defense function under EO+T Operational Risk Management (ORM) which is responsible for partnering with information security and information technology to promote effective risk management practices and controls throughout Freddie Mac. Risk Assurance is responsible for providing assurance oversight of operational risks associated with all operating activities of Freddie Mac's EO+T division. The primary responsibilities of the Risk Assurance team include providing process and control assurance, risk advisory, regulatory liaison, and policy/standards governance for the division. This could include performing self-testing testing activities on behalf of management, performing risk management assessments, evaluating assessment results, and driving continuous improvement of risk management capabilities. EO+T Risk Assurance is led by the Vice President, EO+T Operational Risk & Governance.
We are looking for an experienced Senior professional to support the EO+T Risk Assurance team with risk assurance activities to strengthen our risk culture and maturity. The Risk Assurance Senior will report directly to the Risk Assurance Manager. Working closely with the teams that represent service management, application management and risk management departments, the EO+T Risk Assurance Senior will assist with the consistent and logical application of key components of the EO+T Risk Assurance service catalog. This position requires that the applicant have a solid understanding of risk frameworks, operational risks, and the execution of risk assurance activities within a large institution. The role will require a positive relationship with internal EO+T leadership, as well as the 2nd and 3rd lines of defense organizations. The applicant must also have good communication and leadership skills, and solid understanding of industry standard methodologies. Desired location is Dallas, TX or Chicago, IL and requires two days per week in the office.
****Hybrid work schedule- 2 days in office, 3 days remote****Our Impact:
We work to align the appropriate control environment with risk appetite
- We work to establish alignment with our 2nd line of defense customers
- We work with our 1st line of defense customers to promote assessment readiness
- We help educate our 1st line of defense customers with understanding their control commitments
- We work to promote an adoption of optimized control and standard methodologies
- We strive to serve as a trusted risk advisor to management
- You will help provide assurance on annual test of design and test of effectiveness on primary IT controls as required by the business
- You will promote an increasingly aware IT risk culture and cultivate maturity through education and assessments of controls
- You will build positive relationships with IT partners, as well as 2nd and 3rd lines of defense organizations
- You will be accountable for strong individual performance
- You will build trust and positive collaborations with customers and 2nd and 3rd lines of defense
- Bachelor's Degree
- demonstrated ability working with SOX, practical experience in internal/external audits, risk management - methods and techniques for the assessment and management of risk
- Ability to operate as a self-motivated, pro-active, and result-driven problem solver with excellent analytical and social skills
- Ability to understand IT processes, management objectives, risk appetite and tolerances and impact of changes to risk profiles
- Project Management experience
- Experience in IT governance, risk, and controls, including governance frameworks, COBIT, FFIEC, COSO, ISO-31000, etc.
- Certifications – CISA or CISSP required. CIA, CRISC a plus.
- Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with and collaborate across teams
Current Freddie Mac employees please apply through the internal career site.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We will ensure that individuals with differing abilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC.Time-type:Full timeJob Category:RiskFLSA Status:Exempt