Do you thrive working in a data intensive environment solving high impact business problems? Do you want to work on cutting edge analytical tools and build solutions that improves customer’s experience with Microsoft? Do you have a growth mindset to drive rapid experimentation and a fail fast approach to problem solving?
Microsoft’s Customer Service and Support (CSS) organization focuses on customer success by providing deep technical expertise to solve their issues. CSS has a comprehensive network of support professionals to meet the needs of global customers 24x7 and in 41 languages. Our scale of over 200,000 customer interactions daily, gives insights into how customers use our products, services and devices. We use this knowledge and engage with variety of stakeholders to improve products, services and support offerings with an aim to help customers get the most out of Microsoft and achieve more.
CSS BI Advanced Analytics team works on high impact business problems that require application of advanced quantitative techniques, machine learning and AI. Areas of work include projects such as next best action modeling, building ROI models for support initiatives, quantifying impact of support interactions and customer lifetime value modeling. The role is responsible for partnering with internal stakeholders and data science groups to engage in problem identification, prototyping, architecting and implementation of advanced analytics solutions. The individual must be able to adjust to constant business changes and requires ability to interact, develop, engineer, and communicate collaboratively at the highest technical levels with subject matter experts and others.
The ideal candidate will be able to comprehend business context and do hands on work to build prototype &/or full-fledged solutions, developed on right analytical methodologies. These include but not limited to exploratory data analysis, predictive modeling, what-if scenarios, machine learning based models etc. Where required, he or she will have to collaborate with data management and BI teams to drive necessary data integration activities. Work with stakeholders virtually across US and Europe on a daily basis.
- Generate business impact through successful deployment of advanced analytics solutions in projects such as customer lifetime value modeling, campaign measurements, next best actions etc.
- Technical problem-solving, inventive design & robust development of solutions within the constraints of data, time and resources.
- Building new features, increase adoption & stakeholder satisfaction for current set of analytical platforms and solutions that Advanced Analytics team owns,
- Engage with business stakeholders across teams to frame, structure and prioritize business problems where advanced analytics can have the biggest impact.
- Develop strong business acumen pertaining to CSS and be able to connect the dots across various value cycles of our business to generate high impact insights & solutions.
- Create and manage standards, processes and procedures to ensure agile delivery and consistent operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or scientific field requiring statistical &/or econometrics fluency.
- 8 years of industry experience, at least 3 years of which must be in analytics, ML, AI, data science, operations research, or data-driven business strategy.
- Hands on capabilities in one or more of statistical modeling, classification methods, estimation methods, simulation, design of experiments, text mining and related advanced analytics techniques.
- Hands-on ability to manipulate data and build analytical data sets. Our data sets vary from structured to unstructured in both batch and streaming modes.
- Proficiency in one or more of data analysis and data wrangling tools. That means a flexible mix of querying languages (Kusto, T-SQL), reporting tools (Excel, Power BI, Tableau), and stats packages (R, Python, SAS, Minitab, JMP, etc.)
- Ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts
- Demonstrated analytical ability: problem deconstruction, statistical competency, data validation, and scientific rigor
- Fluency in a range of statistical data analysis and visualization techniques
- Demonstrated ability to effectively engage, collaborate, and consult with stakeholders, including effective prioritization, clear communication, and delivery of actionable data-derived insights
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- MS or equivalent post graduate degree
- Experience with customer support departments or systems
- Background in Microsoft technology stack including Azure ML, Cosmos, Data Bricks, Kusto
- Experience in building production grade ML-enabled solutions end to end
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.