fuboTV is the fastest growing video streaming startup (backed by some of the world's largest media companies) that is reinventing live television for the entire household in the cord cutting era.
Originally founded as a soccer streaming service, fuboTV is the leading sports-first cable replacement in the U.S, growing to nearly 250,000 paying subscribers.
fuboTV broadcasts most NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL games, all major soccer leagues, and a wide range of college and other sports. fuboTV also broadcasts a wide variety of news, movies, and entertainment programming including the FOX, NBC, CBS, and Turner broadcast catalogs, plus Showtime, AMC…and much more! fuboTV can be accessed on multiple platforms, including web, Android, iOS, tvOS, Fire TV, Android TV, Roku and Chromecast.
About the Role:
fuboTV is seeking a Manager, Content Strategy & Analysis to join its Content Strategy & Acquisition team. The Manager, Content Strategy & Analysis will be responsible for strategic support of the company's content acquisition efforts through network carriage deal analysis,competitive analysis, direct licensing valuation, and ad-hoc content-related analysis. The successful candidate will become an integral member of the Content Strategy and Acquisition team and be responsible for providing support and analysis across the breadth of work provided by the team. Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators. He/ She must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics. Candidate must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, and be able to work effectively with cross functional teams.
What you will be doing:
- Prepare and build financial models to support valuation analysis to support our deal teams in their negotiations with the content rights holders
- Conduct market research, track and compile industry trends and competitive analysis
- Work with Finance and other key constituencies on content-related items (e.g., providing information for fundraising, board presentations, monthly partner settlements)
- Create insightful presentations that summarize analysis and presenting them to management and executives to help drive decision-making
- Conduct analysis of key business drivers, trends, refine/calculate content KPIs and compare to industry benchmarks/comps
- Perform data driven analysis to estimate the relative value of targeted content acquisitions and lead various ad-hoc content related projects
What skills, experience, and education you need as a team member to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, preferably in Finance, Business or Economics or an advanced degree in one of the similar disciplines; MBA preferred
- Over 3-5 years of experience working in a top investment bank, management consulting firm and/or entertainment/digital media company in a similar role
- Strong understanding of pay TV and OTT businesses, with 2 or more years at a cable network group, broadcast network group, MVPD or in a similar consumer subscription model business
- Exceptionally strong financial and analytical skills, results & detail oriented, strong sense of urgency, proactive and flexible
- Ability to communicate findings to cross-functional leaders and suggests innovative business solutions
- Self-starter with ability to be strong team player and work independently in a fast-paced environment