Regional Sales Sr. Manager, Distribution - Tampa, FL (remote)
Sales Sr. Manager, US Distribution Supporting Tech Data, Tampa, Florida (remote)
Dell provides the technology that transforms the way we all work and live. But we are more than a technology company — we are a people company. We inspire, challenge and respect every one of our over 100,000 employees. We also provide them with unparalleled growth and development opportunities.
When you’re driving human progress through innovative technology, you find every way you can to let the world know. That’s where Channel Sales comes in. Assigned to a particular territory or a specific partner, our teams are dedicated to driving sales of Dell products, systems and services. The focus is on getting the very best from a host of indirect sales channels. From value-added resellers to distributors and retailers, it’s about finding what works and constantly exploring ways to make it work even better. These relationships can change everything.
The Sr. Manager of Sales is a field-based, on-site people manager responsible for leading both inside DPAM’s as well as outside DPAM’s and driving success for both Dell EMC and our distribution partners. They are accountable for partner relationship, account strategy, pipeline management for Client (desktop & laptop), Server, software/peripherals including Networking & Storage. They drive the strategy and create / ensure execution of the tactics for business growth.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
Drive For Results
- Achieve all assigned sales targets, delivers on commitments & fosters a sense of urgency toward goal attainment.
- Effectively manage pipeline & forecast of the business.
- Coordinate stocking strategy with applicable resources to meet business demand.
- Take immediate and independent actions to resolve issues and conflicts.
- Ensure Distribution partner is enabled to effectively position & sell Dell EMC Client, Server and networking solutions.
- Drive pipeline generation activities, sales strategies &business; opportunities.
- Lead Distributor prioritization of strategic lines of business & solutions through certification training and development.
- Adjust appropriately to competing demands and shifting priorities.
- Demonstrate resilience in the face of rejection, setbacks, or resistance.
- Demonstrate an appropriate level of composure and patience to internal and external customer at all times.
- Leverage the right resources and escalation paths to resolve issues.
- Encourage and support new ways of looking at problems, processes and/or solutions.
- Leverage fresh perspectives, breakthrough ideas and new paradigms.
- Promote and support continuous improvements and quality outcomes.
- Set high standards of goals and performance as a catalyst to stretch self and others.
Personal Effectiveness / Inclusive
- Serve as conduit with distribution sales teams, Dell EMC Segment, Channel Inside and outside sales teams to optimize sales execution and minimize conflict.
- Coordinate with sales, customer, & overlay orgs (Finance, Marketing, Ops, etc.) to optimize sales execution.
- Maintain a presence at the distributor sales offices to assist in all aspects of working with Dell EMC.
- Facilitate opens discussions, solicits feedback & communicates effectively to a varied audience. Provide relevant information in support of QBR's or other collaborative meetings.
Customer (Distributor) First
- Identify and anticipate Distributor requirement/expectations & focus on mutual business goals.
- Take ownership of customer experience regardless of region or role.
- Consistently search for ways to improve sales processes and customer experience.
- Create relationships with Distributor sales & management to position and represent Dell EMC in positive light.
- Maintain a talent pipeline by recruiting, hiring, selecting, training, encouraging, coaching and motivating employees.
- Develop individual careers and coach subordinates to achieve assignments using established guidelines, procedures and policies, recommend and develop improvements to day-to-day operations.
- Teach AE’s the importance of effective communication with their inside counterparts, documentation of visits via SFDC, understanding the opportunities in their geographic region, fiscal responsibility as it relates to expenses/travel and representation as the “face of Dell” to the community at large.
- Lead your team by effectively communicating Dell initiatives, driving positive morale on the floor and conduct regular team meetings & 1x1’s.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Prefer a Bachelor's degree or equivalent with a minimum of 3-5 years of sales management and/or channel sales/distribution related experience preferred. Experience in a marketing, financial services, operations a plus.
- Work in a team environment, effectively manage change and demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Employee MUST live within assigned region /Disti HP & be willing to travel 30% of the time to Distribution remote offices and / or customers & partner events.
- Travel in support of Distributors events, road shows and meetings representing Dell EMC
- Effectively use software packages such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; DOMS & Salesforce.com.
- Strong knowledge of Dell Client, Server and Networking portfolio and associated solutions.
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written skills, organizational agility, & ability to effectively present to groups.
- Demonstrate professionalism with peers, subordinates, and superiors. Put company interests ahead of their own.
- Have a flawless record of Drive for Results, Integrity & Trust, Dealing with Ambiguity, Strategic Agility
- Manage time and prioritize effectively.
- Superior analytical skills with ability to present concise points to senior management
If an internal & an individual contributor for sale, employee MUST have passed quarterly License To Lead (LTL), attained over 100% for the previous year, went at least 3 for 4 as well as satisfied all internal qualifications.
We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities — all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
If you have the vision to use indirect sales channels to break new ground in business, this is your opportunity to develop with Dell.
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Learn more about Diversity and Inclusion at Dell here.