Invesco is one of the world's leading global investment managers, entrusted with managing $1.2 trillion* in assets on behalf of clients worldwide. We are the 6th largest US retail asset manager and the 13th largest investment manager globally, and our more than 8,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. We are purely focused on managing a comprehensive range of active, passive and alternative investment capabilities, which we draw on to provide customized solutions aligned to client needs, our most important benchmark. (*As of May 31,2019)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The Invesco Internal Audit function provides independent assurance, advisory, and investigative services for the organization. While partnering closely with business leaders, the department focuses on the most critical risks and issues facing the organization and delivers strategic, innovative, and data-driven results. The department strives to be valued business advisors that provide meaningful solutions and insights, not just information and recommendations. Our team continuously seeks opportunities to improve our methodology by leveraging technology, data, agile principles, and creative solutions to maximize value to the organization.As a Senior IT Auditor, you will have exciting opportunities to not only enhance your knowledge and familiarity with new technologies and cybersecurity practices across the global organization, but also Invesco products and business processes through integrated reviews covering areas such as Investments, Trading, Distribution, Compliance, and Finance.The Senior IT Auditor will support execution of audit and advisory engagement activities for technology and security related domains. The audit work will require obtaining a detailed understanding of the technologies and processes under review, performing the audit testing and analysis, documenting the results, and presenting recommendations to management.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Responsible for effectively planning and executing comprehensive audits and advisory engagements assessing technology and information security related areas under the direction of Internal Audit Management. These activities include:
- Obtaining an understanding and evaluating processes and technologies.
- Developing approach to assess the design and effectiveness of processes using traditional and creative techniques.
- Executing audit testing and analysis and completing documentation of high quality in accordance with departmental standards.
- Designing and developing complex data analysis to support engagement objectives
- Documenting and reporting process weaknesses or inefficiencies.
- Conducting entry/exit meetings with business area management.
- Drafting and finalizing results and reports targeted to senior management and corporate directors.
- Perform follow-up on previously identified findings and management's action plans.
- Completing tasks within the allotted timeframes.
- Embrace a culture of agility, innovation, and continuous improvement within the Internal Audit function.
- Executing investigative analysis as requested.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Minimum 2-4 years of experience in technology audit, consulting, or information security roles; previous experience in technology, data analysis, consulting, and/or technology compliance roles would also be considered.
- Previous experience in the asset management, securities and/or banking industries a plus.
- Experience auditing enterprise and web applications, cybersecurity practices, privacy, and various infrastructure platforms such as UNIX, Linux, Windows, SQL Server, Oracle databases.
- Knowledge of and experience auditing networking and firewalls a plus.
- Experience with concepts and auditing of cloud-based platforms and applications a plus.
- Experience conducting data analysis, visualization, or CAATs a plus.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Result-oriented and comfortable as an individual contributor.
- Intellectually curious with constant desire to learn and share knowledge with others.
- Ability to handle confidential information and communicate clearly with individuals at a wide range of levels on sensitive matters.
- Ability to identify and thoroughly investigate root cause analysis and reporting discrepancies and determine the appropriate course of action.
- Strong analytical, project management, and administrative skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse, cross-functional and international environment.
- Relationship management and team building skills.
- Adaptable and comfortable with changing environment.
- Self-starter and motivated must be able to work without frequent direct supervision.
- Demonstrates high professional ethics.
- Proficiency in code development, specifically programming languages such as R and Python a plus.
- Proficient in analytics software such as Tableau, Spotfire, Alteryx, ACL, IDEA, etc.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, Power point, Access etc.).
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or Finance preferred. Other business or technology related degrees considered depending upon relevant experience.
- Auditing, technology, or security coursework, a plus.
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Professional auditing, security, or technology designation (e.g., CISA, CISSP, CCSP, AWS Cloud Practitioner, etc.) or actively pursuing the completion of such designation preferred.
- Normal office environment with little exposure to noise, dust and temperatures.
- Normally works a regular schedule of hours, however hours may vary depending upon the project or initiative.
- Hours may include evenings and/or weekends.
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.