Invesco is one of the world's leading global investment managers, entrusted with managing $1.2 trillion* in assets on behalf of clients worldwide. We are the 6th largest US retail asset manager and the 13th largest investment manager globally, and our more than 8,000 employees worldwide are dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. We are purely focused on managing a comprehensive range of active, passive and alternative investment capabilities, which we draw on to provide customized solutions aligned to client needs, our most important benchmark.(*As of May 31,2019)
Asa Senior Auditor you will bepart of global, collaborative team ofbusiness and technology auditors and data specialists, located across theUnited States, Europe, and Asia-Pacific. You will have an exciting opportunity to learnabout investment products and capital markets, and enhance your skill-set as youparticipate in projects across various asset classes and business functions witha focus on Investments and Trading, Investment Risk, Operations, Distribution,Marketing, and other enterprise functions such as Finance, Compliance, HumanResources.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Effectively planning and executing comprehensive internal audits of applicable business areas under the direction of Internal Audit Department management. These activities include:
- Obtaining an understanding of the business areas under review.
- Developing approach to assess the design and effectiveness of processes using traditional and creative techniques.
- Developing audit programs to guide test work.
- Executing audit testing and completing work papers of high quality in accordance with Internal Audit Department standards.
- Designing and developing complex data analysis to support engagement objectives
- Documenting internal control weaknesses or inefficiencies.
- Conducting entry/exit meetings with business area management.
- Drafting and finalizing results and reports targeted to senior management and corporate directors.
- Perform follow-up on previously identified audit findings and management's action plans.
- Managing resources within the allotted time frames.
- Provide advisory services to assist management in meeting its objectives.
- Conduct investigations and execute special projects as requested.
- Embrace a culture of agility, innovation, and continuous improvement within the Internal Audit function.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Minimum 3-5 years auditing experience with strong knowledge of internal controls; previous experience in audit-related, risk management and/or compliance roles would also be considered.
- Previous experience in the asset management, securities and/or banking industries preferred.
- Experience conducting data analysis, visualization, or CAATs a plus.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required
- Excellent written and communicationskills.
- Result-oriented and comfortable as anindividual contributor.
- Intellectually curious with constantdesire to learn and share knowledge with others.
- Ability to handle confidentialinformation and communicate clearly with individuals at a wide range of levelson sensitive matters.
- Ability to identify and thoroughlyinvestigate root cause analysis and reporting discrepancies and determine theappropriate course of action.
- Strong analytical and decision-makingskills.
- Project management and administrativeskills.
- Ability to work in a diverse,cross-functional and international environment.
- Relationship management and teambuilding skills.
- Adaptable and comfortable withchanging environment
- Self-starter and motivated must beable to work without frequent direct supervision.
- Demonstrates high professional ethics.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (MSWord, Excel, Power point, Access)
- Proficiencyin analytics software such as Tableau, Spotfire, Alteryx, ACL, IDEA, a plus.
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Bachelor's Degree in accounting, finance, or other related field, or Bachelor's Degree plus relevant industry experience.
- Auditing or accounting coursework preferred.
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Professional accounting or auditing designation (e.g., CA, CPA, CFA, CIA, ACCA, ACFE) or to have substantially completed the requirements for such a designation while actively pursuing the completion of such designation preferred.
- Potential for domestic and international travel
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.
Invesco's culture of inclusivity and its commitment to diversity in the workplace are demonstrated through our people practices. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, age, or veteran status. Our equal opportunity employment efforts comply with all applicable U.S. state and federal laws governing non-discrimination in employment.