Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Corporate & Funding Technology (CFT) is responsible for the technology behind many critical functions across Morgan Stanley, including Finance, Risk, Operations, Legal & Compliance, Digital Communications and Human Resources.
The group also provides technology solutions for firm funding and client financing, primarily partnering with Bank Resource Management and the Prime Brokerage business.
The OTC Pre-Settlements team is a multidisciplinary, global application development team. The suite of applications comprises the firm’s Pre-Settlement processing platform for all OTC Derivative asset classes, as well as for FX cash trades. We connect with multiple upstream trade booking and risk systems, receiving real time trade and cash flow information and providing functionality to a wide user base to enable settlement as per our client’s preferences. Functionality provided covers automation of high volume payment generation, client payment affirmation and netting, cancel/correct workflow, third party platform integration and product specific accounting treatment.
We are a part of the Core Services department which is responsible for providing end to end solutions for our Operations users in Institutional Securities and Wealth Management, including confirmations, pre-settlements and settlement activities, tax and corporate actions.
The Java Developer role involves taking ownership for building components of the renovated multi-product Pre-Settlements system. The person will be involved through the full development lifecycle, from requirements definition to product deployment.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team player and is likely to have significant experience in application development, a strong technical background and good communication skills. The candidate should have hands-on experience working in a Financial Services company involving both development and support.QUALIFICATIONS
Excellent working knowledge of the following technologies:
- 5 plus years of experience in a related field
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Core Java
- Relational Databases such as Sybase, Oracle, SQL
- Integration technologies - MQ/Xml/SOAP/JSON/Protocol Buffers
- Enterprise Architecture Patterns
- Build technologies - Ant, Gradle/Maven
- Sound understanding of Object Oriented Analysis, Design and Programming, familiarity with Design Patterns.
- Hands on experience with multithreaded systems.
- Experience of agile development practices - Scrum, Kanban.
- Exposure to working in a global delivery team.
- The candidate must also strongly appreciate and understand the impact of code/environmental changes on the business unit.
- Comfortable with direct interaction with the business users at all levels.
- Have good communication skills, and be able to explain complex IT problems in simple business like terminology for ease of user's understanding.
- Familiarity with Autosys .Net/C# - WinForms and WPF, DB2, Hibernate, Spring Integration, experience with continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Electric Commander
- Good understanding of derivative products and STP cycle
- Familiarity with central clearing and settlements areas.