Who is L3 Communication Systems-West (L3 CSW)?
With over 3400 employees, we are one of Utah’s top employers. Our smart devices send mission-critical data into armed conflicts to help our troops stay safe by staying in touch with key information. We’ve taken large communications systems—ground based, mobile, satellite, surveillance and reconnaissance—and developed new ways to make them smaller and more capable.
Why should you work at L3 CSW?
Not only can you make life-saving differences for our troops, but at L3 CSW, you can have a flexible work schedule, buy up to 80 hours of additional vacation, access our on-site health clinic, work out in our on-site fitness center, eat in our on-site cafes with healthy food discounts, ride our shuttles or bicycles around our campus, take advantage of our tuition reimbursement, access L3 Perks, and so much more!
Who works at L3 CSW?
We are committed to diversity in every aspect of our business. Our inclusive culture welcomes all employees and values their unique contributions to our success. For L3 CSW, diversity enhances our business.
Are you ready to be L3 CSW?
Join us as we keep our nation and troops safe by providing life-saving solutions for use on sea, land, air, and space.
The Systems Engineer will be responsible for the life-cycle support of data link (wideband, narrowband and/or SATCOM) systems from conceptual development through product phase-out. This includes proposal support, requirements analysis and management, task planning, technical documentation (including generation of Statements of Work and specifications), design oversight participation, design synthesis in a multi-functional engineering environment, build and test support, subcontract control, risk management input, and system deployment and in-house technical support during the operational life-cycle of the system.
- Performs research and development in assigned engineering discipline
- Assists in the planning and conducting of technical projects or portions of projects
- Employs best practices, tools and techniques and applies processes and methodologies selected to design and develop new products or modify existing products
- Assists in the capture and/or management of customer and derived requirements, decomposition and assignment of requirements to appropriate functional areas of responsibility, insuring traceability from a verification test matrix back to original customer and system level derived requirements
- Helps develop technical specifications, interface control documents, test plans and procedures, analyzes configuration and processing solutions, and tests conformance to specifications
- Recommends new or improved design solutions and processes; reviews literature, patents and current industry practices of relevance to assigned project
- Ensures technical performance, quality, and adherence to schedule
- Follows processes in conformance with established policies and objectives
- May coordinate the efforts of technical support personnel and may mentor and/or provide work leadership
- May provide technical consultation to internal organizations and/or customers
- May evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services
- May participate in design reviews
- An ABET (EAC/CAC) accredited Bachelor's of Science degree in an Engineering discipline is strongly preferred, or equivalent technical education and experience (5-10 years related experience)
- Experience in product development a plus (preferably in military application environment)
- Understanding of engineering architecture and design concepts along with basic understanding of the engineering practices and procedures required to develop, test and deploy systems.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (verbal/written/visual)
- Problem solving skills and the ability to meet critical deadlines
- Understanding in coordination of project(s) and efforts of technical support personnel
- Ability to productively contribute work, ideas and collaboration as part of a team
- Ability to obtain a DoD Security Clearance
- Ability, willingness to travel when required to support customer installations, demonstrations and product field support.