Employees at L3 Communication Systems-West create solutions that save lives. Join our team and serve those who serve us.
Who is L3 Communication Systems-West (L3 CSW)? L3 has over 3400 employees. Our smart devices send mission-critical data into armed conflicts to help our troops stay safe by staying in touch with key information. We’ve taken large communications systems—ground based, mobile, satellite, surveillance and reconnaissance—and developed new ways to make them smaller and more capable.
Why should you work at L3 CSW? Not only can you make life-saving differences for our troops, but at L3 CSW, you can have a flexible work schedule, buy up to 80 hours of additional vacation, access our on-site health clinic, work out in our on-site fitness center, eat in our on-site cafes with healthy food discounts, ride our shuttles or bicycles around our campus, take advantage of our tuition reimbursement, access L3 Perks, and so much more!
Who works at L3 CSW? We are committed to diversity in every aspect of our business. Our inclusive culture welcomes all employees and values their unique contributions to our success. For L3 CSW, diversity enhances our business.
Are you ready to be L3 CSW? Join us as we keep our nation and troops safe by providing life-saving solutions for use on sea, land, air, and space.
L3 is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our talented engineering organization.
This position is responsible for the technical planning, system design, requirements management, system integration, verification and validation, engineering cost and risk management, and supportability analyses for communication systems. Analyses are performed at all system levels including concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that adhere to technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Collaborates with customers, engineering and program management in the planning, design, development, deployment and sustaining of communications systems and products.
- Performs research and development in assigned engineering discipline.
- Plans and conducts technical projects or portions of projects.
- Employs best practices, tools and techniques and applies processes and methodologies selected to design and develop new products or modify existing products.
- Involved in the capture and/or management of customer and derived requirements, decomposition and assignment of requirements to appropriate functional areas of responsibility, insuring traceability from a verification test matrix back to original customer and system level derived requirements.
- Develops technical specifications, interface control documents, test plans and procedures, analyzes configuration and processing solutions, and tests conformance to specifications.
- Recommends new or improved design solutions and processes; reviews literature, patents and current industry practices of relevance to assigned project.
- Ensures technical performance, quality, and adherence to schedule.
- Follows processes in conformance with established policies and objectives.
- May coordinate the efforts of technical support personnel and may mentor and/or provide work leadership.
- May provide technical consultation to internal organizations and/or customers.
- May evaluate vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- May participate in design reviews.
*LI-LH1QualificationsBachelors Degree in Engineering. Minimum 5+ years equivalent experience preferred but not required. Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered.
Because of the nature of this work you must have a DoD Security Clearance.
This position may be filled at a higher grade based on the successful applicant's skills, education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities / females / veterans / individuals with disabilities / sexual orientation / gender identity.
L-3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance-abuse testing and background checks.
Stay connected and learn more about L3 Communication Systems-West in Salt Lake City, UT