Follow Raytheon To Get Updated When They Post New Roles On PowerToFly!
Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment; including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM) is seeking a Test Engineer to support the Agile-based design, development, integration, testing, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
The Test Engineer applies Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) techniques when performing test activities. The Engineer will develop and lead continuous test activities in close coordination with the agile development/integration teams and other teams on the program. Test plans and procedures will often be created early, in small increments, before software is written. The Test Engineer will collaborate with developers to create the appropriate automated and manual tests for software, interfaces, features, stories, workflows, etc. This continuous test process will be supported by industry-leading tools and techniques. As appropriate and necessary, the Test Engineer will generate or support the generation of documentation on the test plans and other integration and test artifacts.
- Defines, plans and performs test assignments for large scale, complex, software and hardware systems
- Establishes automated and manual test methods and techniques, develops test plans and requirements, writes test procedures and reports, and conducts tests
- Participates in test readiness reviews and design reviews
- Applies software development experience and knowledge to ensure test validity, integrity, quality, and execution
- Conducts tests which include collaborating closely with others in establishing language, database, and computer requirements along with configuration management techniques
- Performs test planning and implementation using state-of-the-art technologies, processes, and frameworks (e.g. SAFe or similar framework)
- Develops and maintains test documentation including plans, procedures, reports, etc.
- Analyzes test results and is able to accurately discuss them with management and teams
- Documents and keeps program management informed of deviations from customer requirements
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active Top Secret (TS) clearance. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- 8+ years of directly relevant experience, ideally in an agile environment
- 4+ years of automated and/or manual test experience
- Excellent and applicable experience with Agile Continuous Development / Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery along with hands-on experience with automated test tools such as Docker, Jenkins, Rational Team Concert, JIRA, Git, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Junit, JMeter, RSpec, Cucumber, and other industry-leading tools and techniques
- 2+ years experience developing software with Java or similar language in an agile environment
- Hands-on and meaningful experience with automated test tools, Selenium preferred
- Experience with requirements development and management along with associated tools (e.g. DOORS)
- Ability to plan and conduct security testing
- Meaningful and relevant experience in developing test procedures
- Experience with systems engineering and configuration management processes
- Able to generate test-related documentation as necessary
- Excellent teamwork skills including ability to work well with agile development teams, customers, and coworkers at all levels
- Ability to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations
- Hands-on DevOps or DevSecOps experience
- Technical understanding of cybersecurity attack techniques and associated mitigation techniques
- Experience and/or familiarity with one of more of the following database technologies: SQL, Oracle, MySQL, JBDC, NOSQL
- DHS experience
BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or Computer Systems Engineering. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.