Follow Raytheon Technologies To Get Updated When They Post New Roles On PowerToFly!
Country:United States of America
Location:AZ201: RMS AP Bldg 801 1151 East Hermans Road Building 801, Tucson, AZ, 85756 USA
Position Role Type:UnspecifiedAbout Us: At Raytheon, the foundation of everything we do is rooted in our values and a higher calling – to help our nation and allies defend freedoms and deter aggression. We bring the strength of more than 100 years of experience and renowned engineering expertise to meet the needs of today’s mission and stay ahead of tomorrow’s threat. Our team solves tough, meaningful problems that create a safer, more secure world. *Starting Wage: $26.62* Responsibilities to Anticipate:
- Determines routing of pipe, sequence of work operations, and location of such plumbing fixtures, accessories and equipment as inlets and outlets, vent pipes, valves, meters, gauges, hangers, brackets and water sewer, gas, steam, irrigation and air connections by following and adhering to trade practice, specifications, blueprints, sketches, and state, municipal and underwriters standards and ordinances.
- Computes the type, size and amount of pipe, connections and other materials necessary. When this information is not furnished then consideration by such factors as pressure, volume, gradient, temperature and substance being piped should be used.
- Lays out and marks guidelines and points on walls, floors, ceilings and open areas or sets stakes to locate pipe routes, vents, inlets, outlets, connections, fixtures, and equipment. Makes working sketches, as required.
- Installs, connects, and tests such sanitary plumbing fixtures as urinals, water closets, wash basins, sinks and drinking fountains, complete compressed air, fire sprinkling, irrigation, steam and other pressure systems, and such gas and oil fired equipment as boilers, heat treating furnaces and all types of processing, heating, and deionization equipment. Fabricates air hoses.
- Troubleshoots and repairs major plumbing breakdowns by replacing or taking other corrective action on such items as clogged main sewer lines, main gas line breakdowns, seepage contaminated water supply lines, fire sprinkling nitrogen systems, steam generating equipment, internal plumbing systems of production and facility equipment and devices which do not respond to routine maintenance troubleshooting.
- Makes material take-off list in their own craft. When need arises, orders material or parts directly from vendor which includes using on-line system, or physically writing of purchase requisitions. Orders parts and materials from plant site stores.
- Erects and disassembles scaffolding as work requires, for his own craft.
- Performs preventive maintenance (P.M.'s) as required.
- Performs rework wherein the operations are essentially the same as required for the work described herein.
- Uses oxyacetylene to perform his work. But, shall not use these units to weld or cut.
- While performing functions associated with this classification, may perform incidental duties normally performed by other trades.
- Understands and performs all job duties in accordance with the appropriate operating procedures/instructions relative to all environmental/safety requirements and regulations governing the work area within an individual's classification.
- High School Diploma or Equivalency (GED) and have three (4) years of experience as an industrial plumber or pipe fitter.
- Must be able to work any designated shift to include overnight.
- Must be capable of working from oral and written instructions and blueprints using applicable specifications and codes.
- Must be experienced in installing, repairing, assembling and maintaining plant plumbing, compressed air, hot water and steam systems.
- Must have experience with D.I. (deionized water) systems, chemical waste systems and piping requirements, and halon and deluge fire systems.
- Must pass qualifying and/or practical test.
- The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. secret clearance prior to the start date. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance and maintain an Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Access (ATF) clearance.
RTX is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms