The Jamestown, ND facility is looking for a seasoned Operations Lead who will drive collaboration and teamwork across all of the Cargo Operations teams in support of their assigned programs. The position will be the face of the organization to our customers for all discussion on operational performance. This role will support Operational Excellence during all CMS life cycle stages of the various cargo programs. This position is responsible for the operational performance of their assigned programs including quality, delivery, safety, and continuous improvement. This role is the focal to ensure that the Cargo Supply Chain, Logistics, Internal Operations, and Quality groups are working efficiently together to support our customer requirements.
- Leads programs to support the development of program plans, schedules and budgets for programs under his/her responsibility.
- Generate manufacturing transition build plans in line with CMS requirements on any new program developments.
- Coordinate timely completion of all non-recuring activity including tooling, programming, planning, PO placement, and first article completions for new program developments.
- Analyzes data and monitors program milestones to ensure adherence to organization’s progress in terms of cost, schedule, and technical specifications.
- Maintains and presents plans and progress reports relating to business aspects of the program(s) to track progress and ensure that established targets are met.
- Lead continuous improvement activity on new and established programs to drive continued improvement in cost, quality, and delivery performance.
- Identifies operational risk factors for assigned programs and works actions to reduce or mitigate these factors.
- Leads program work with various functional organizations to ensure alignment with the customer program objectives.
- Support negotiation of program contracts as required from an Operational standpoint.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident “Green Card” holder
- Manufacturing or shop experience
- Microsoft suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Advanced Structures team leverages advanced materials and additive manufacturing to develop complex interior and exterior solutions. These solutions ensure structural integrity of the aircraft, help aircraft take off and land, stay trim in the air, move forward, carry cargo and conduct rescues. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
We make modern flight possible for millions of travelers and our military every second. Our major product lines are on-board virtually every aircraft flying. Be it keeping passengers safe with our emergency power generation systems, or creating a positive in flight experience through reliable cabin pressure controls and quieter engines, Power & Controls focuses on delivering a best-in-class experience to our customers. We hire the top people in the industry. Their ideas drive our performance, and their integrity keeps our customers happy. Join us as we take flight!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
* Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.