Our Gaming Experts are passionate gaming evangelists and Microsoft-brand ambassadors, who are the face of Microsoft. Through providing a level of gaming expertise and knowledge, our Gaming Experts help our customers to see what is possible with technology, ultimately empowering them to achieve more.
As a Microsoft Retail Store employee, you have the unique opportunity to impact our company's mission every single day. Microsoft Retail Stores are the hub of cutting-edge devices and services, providing our customers the opportunity to immerse themselves in the latest and greatest in technology solutions that fit into their everyday lifestyle. As a member of our global Stores team, we value your unique perspective, background, experiences, talents and abilities. We are seeking store teammates who will make authentic connections and provide world-class service to our consumer, small business & community customers who come from all walks of life. These connections transform them into Microsoft-brand fans.
- A work environment that is diverse, inclusive, and welcoming of all
- Training that will make you feel empowered to do your best work even if you aren’t a tech expert
- Career opportunities for all of our employees
- Fantastic, comprehensive and competitive benefits for full-time and part-time employees
- Gratitude & recognition for our awesome employees
- Belief that at Microsoft #WeWinAsATeam
- Generate customer obsession within our community through your passion and knowledge of everything gaming related
- Help customers discover, buy, use, and love Microsoft technology solutions and services that meets and exceeds their individual expectations
- Evangelize product offerings and cross platform ecosystem integration through in-store experiences and learning engagements that build on increased utilization with devices customers own and love
- Engaged with local gaming community’s preference in gaming options, style of play and in-store experience
- Be able to pivot in a changing in-store environment, circumstances, and situations through customer engagements
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast paced retail environment
Drive for Results
- In partnership with the Community Development Specialist, develop relationships with local gaming communities, eSports teams, tournament organizers, gaming influencers and other key gaming partners that will lead to large scale events in store
- Tenaciously pursues positive outcomes by using effective approaches to solve problems
- Takes responsibility in delivering on commitments and seeks positive results that benefit customers, both externally and internally
Influencing for Impact
- Continuously maintain product knowledge to be the expert in everything gaming related for our internal and external customers by learning through others along with self-educating, showcasing product and service offerings building on our #WeWinAsATeam culture
- Possesses the ability to persuade positive gaming community relationships through organizing and hosting in-store gaming events
- Foster relationships locally through unique events that drive brand awareness in our gaming community
- Feel empowered to engage with peers, store leaders, corporate and field team members in the development of innovative ways to make a larger impact in our customers lives
- Combines resources and joins efforts with teammates to achieve store and company goals
- 1+ year’s retail sales or customer service experience
- Valid authorization to work in the U.S. is required; no visa sponsorship is available for this position.
- Prior experience with retail sales, hospitality or high-level customer service experience preferred, as well as experience selling technology or other consumer products.
- Gamer enthusiast with strong knowledge of the gaming market and industry including Xbox, Play Station, eSports, PC gaming, and all legacy consoles.
- Strong ties with or the ability to network with local gaming communities and gaming influencers
- The ability to create, drive and host instore events that promote and resonates with the gaming community
- Being able to teach and influence the local store team around gaming experiences
- The ability to work independently to measure event participation and create strategies with local store teams/corporate teams that influence brand loyalty and local gamer engagement
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to articulate at a high-level plans and forecasts
- Strong passion for Microsoft product and services
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualification may vary based on assignment or group.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.