Your mission at Microsoft Services
In Microsoft Services, we help businesses around the world to accelerate the power and business value obtained from Microsoft technologies. As one of the fastest growing business units within Microsoft we work on the largest and most complex technological challenges and provide technology consulting and support services to 54 million customers.
In view of the fundamental changes in the technology industry Microsoft Services in Germany has establish a Strategy & Innovation Team which is responsible for driving sustainable, long term business growth with innovative technology solutions with high value to our customers’ core business. The responsibilities of this team include the support of strategic deals in presales and delivery, business relevant innovation, intellectual property identification and harvesting, people development and risk management. Furthermore this team establishes and maintains a close relationship to the engineering and research teams in the Microsoft headquarter.
We're looking for you
To further build up this team Microsoft Services is looking for Senior Architects to help drive the strategic topic of Artificial Intelligence leveraging the capabilities of the cloud and and the intelligent edge.
The ideal candidates should bring a mix of advanced technology, data science and strategic business acumen. This role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge across Microsoft and non-Microsoft products, technologies, and the ability to provide strategic technical direction and technical leadership to customers and colleagues. It is involved in business and technical risk management as well as the entire IT services lifecycle, with a broad focus on technical talent, consistent delivery, innovation and technology alignment.
Are you ready to become part of this team and take over a big challenge?
Business Alignment and Strategy Activities
- Defines an end-to-end approach across the different organization within Microsoft Services from strategy consulting to support services.
- Influences business and technical strategy in collaboration with appropriate parties to advance Enterprise Services Germany as a growth business and industry thought leader
- Drives landing of new technologies in cooperation with the Microsoft engineering teams
Customer Facing and Quality Activities
- Supports strategic opportunities in the areas of key industry trends like cloud, new mobile experiences or artificial intelligence during deal pursuit and delivery to maximize and win-rate and minimize implementation risk
- Ensures alignment of presales and delivery activities with the Microsoft technology strategy as defined above
- Provides oversight and assistance to critical engagements and helps ensure that required technical and business criteria are met on critical projects.
- Oversees and supports execution of quality measures for large/complex opportunities and engagements
IP Reuse and People Development Activities
- Recommends and sponsors Intellectual Property reuse and generation activities
- Provides leadership for technical communities
- Mentors other technical roles and grows technical talent
- Must have a degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent work experience.
- Multi-Year work experience should involve a significant subset of pre-sales support, technical consulting, solution design, planning, deployment, operations/support and management.
- Proven track record of “business value of technology” conversations with business decision makers
- Work experience should include demonstrated technical depth in the area of advanced machine learning algorithms like deep neural networks and the use of cognitive services (Microsoft Cognitive Toolkit, Tensorflow, python, R, Databricks, Spark ML, Microsoft Cognitive Servives etc. pp.)
- Deep familiarity with the technical characteristics and business benefits of cloud computing with a focus on AI (cognitive services, training/validating/inferencing deep neural networks at scale. GPU, FPGA compute etc.)
- Deep familiarity with Microsoft technology portfolio in the area of machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Familiarity in competing cloud and AI technologies
- Candidates should have a good understanding of the business fundamentals of the IT services business (consulting, support, operations).
- Candidates must have industry leading breadth knowledge of subject area, and have demonstrated analysis and communication skills connecting technology and business problems.
- Willing to work in a high performance team in a constantly evolving technology and business environment.
- Fluency in German and English language.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.