Do you want to be working with the latest greatest technologies, and be at the epicenter of the digital transformation in IT history?
As a member of the Cloud Identity team:
You will represent Microsoft and communicate with Enterprise customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service in regard to finding solutions for the most technically complex problems identified in Microsoft software products involving broad, in-depth product knowledge or in-Sounds depth product specialty and may include support of additional product lines.
Frequently, these problems will not only be technically complex, but will challenge your interpersonal skills, requiring the highest level of customer skill.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Represent Microsoft and communicate with Enterprise customers via telephone, written correspondence, or electronic service in regard to finding solutions for the most technically complex problems identified in Microsoft software products.
- Solve highly complex level of problems, involving broad, in-depth product knowledge or in-depth product specialty; may include support of additional product lines.
- Frequently, these problems will not only be technically complex, but will be politically charged situations requiring the highest level of customer skill.
- Use trace analysis and other sophisticated debugging tools to analyze problems and develop solutions to meet customer needs.
- Responsible for managing a relationship with these customers including thoroughly documenting case work, driving the quickest resolution possible to the customers issues.
- May be required to travel on-site to an Enterprise Customer via a ROSS request to work directly with the customer to speed problem resolution and drive favorable customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate on cross-team and cross-product technical issues by working with resources from other groups as needed to resolve customer issues.
- Collaborate with Tech Leads and other escalation resources when appropriate.
- May assist in reporting software bugs and customer suggestions.
- Periodically lead triage meetings to share knowledge with other engineers and develop customer solutions.
- Consistently shares best practices with team members.
- Act as technical resource for broad and complex issues, and may be assigned as the go-to technical person to moderately strategic accounts.
- Able to develop and deliver in depth technical training to other engineers. Write complex technical articles for knowledge base.
- Maintain strong working knowledge of pre-release products and take ownership for product improvement in key product areas.
- Excellent problem-solving skills on some of the most technically complex and challenging problems that our Enterprise customers report.
- Focus for this role will be working with the Windows Azure Active Directory components. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows 2008, 2008 R2 and 2012 Server, Windows 8 and advanced knowledge on troubleshooting tools usage.
- Other specialty product knowledge may be required as well in Identity Authorization and Authentication.
- Excellent Communication Skills - spoken and written English (including technical writing) and excellent demonstrated customer service skills.
- Effective learning skills, Works well in a team environment, MCSE Certification on Windows 2008 or 2008 R2.
- Four or more years experience in systems development, network operations, software support or I.T. consulting,
- Four or more years industry experience with the following technologies:
- Azure Active Directory Identity Synchronization Technologies (Dirsync, AAD Connect, FIM?etc) Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) - or similar 3rd party experience (Shibboleth, CA SiteMinder, Okta, PING etc) Identity and Access Management Office 365 Identity Management Cloud Domain Management Cloud User Management and configuration
- B.S. degree in C.S. or E.E. or equivalent. MCSE + I/MCSD/MCDBA is desirable. Additional Technology Certifications desirable - Cisco, Novell, UNIX, Compaq, Dell, etc.
- Four or more years industry experience with Microsoft products (preferred)
- Strong problem-solving skills Good Communication Skills -
- Spoken and written English (including technical writing)
- Excellent demonstrated customer service skills
- Effective learning skills
- Works well in a team and collaborative environment
- Not required but nice to have the ability to speak fluently Traditional Chinese, Spanish or Brazilian Portuguese.
- Four or more years experience in systems development, network operations, software support or I.T. consulting.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role.
These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check:
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check every two years.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.